Hazel Green, Kentucky
|Unincorporated community & census-designated place|
|Nickname(s): Trimble's Store|
|Elevation||922 ft (281 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||493953|
Hazel Green (also Tribles Store) is a census-designated place and unincorporated community in Wolfe County, Kentucky, United States. It lies along Routes 191 and 205 northeast of the city of Campton, the county seat of Wolfe County. Its elevation is 922 feet (281 m). Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 41332.
A post office was established as Hazle Green [sic] in 1829, and named for the hazel shrubs prevalent in the area. The name of the post office was officially changed to its present spelling in 1889.
- Pete Center, baseball player.
- South Trimble U.S. House of Representatives -Longest serving Clerk of the House of Representatives
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '06. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2006, p. 43.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Hazel Green, Kentucky, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-09-20. Accessed 2008-01-03.
- Zip Code Lookup
- Rennick, Robert M. (1987). Kentucky Place Names. University Press of Kentucky. p. 135. Retrieved 2013-04-28.
- Digitized images from the Pearl Day Bach Photographic Collection, 1893-1961 housed at the University of Kentucky Libraries Special Collections Research Center
|This Wolfe County, Kentucky state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|