Hazel Green Township, Delaware County, Iowa
Hazel Green Township
Location in Delaware County
|• Total||36.04 sq mi (93.34 km2)|
|• Land||36.04 sq mi (93.34 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||984 ft (300 m)|
|• Density||11.3/sq mi (4.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0468024|
Hazel Green Township was established in 1857.
Hazel Green Township covers an area of 36.04 square miles (93.34 square kilometers). The stream of Golden Branch runs through this township.
Cities and towns
- Ryan (east edge)
- Milo Township (north)
- Delhi Township (northeast)
- Union Township (east)
- Castle Grove Township, Jones County (southeast)
- Boulder Township, Linn County (south)
- Jackson Township, Linn County (southwest)
- Adams Township (west)
- Prairie Township (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Calvary, Golden Prairie and Peace.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- The History of Delaware County, Iowa: Containing a History of the County, Its Cities, Towns, &c. Western Historical Company. 1878. p. 558.