Hazelwood West High School
|Hazelwood West High School|
|1 Wildcat Lane
Hazelwood, St. Louis County, Missouri 63042-1180
|School type||Property Tax funded, Public School|
|Established||1969 (Howdershell Jr. High)
1975 (Hazelwood West Jr./Sr. High)
2002 (Hazelwood West Middle/High School)
2007 (Hazelwood West High)
|School district||Hazelwood School District|
|Superintendent||Dr. Nettie Collins-Hart|
|Student to teacher ratio|
|Hours in school day||8 hours|
|School colour(s)||Red and Black|
|Fight song||On Wisconsin|
|Athletics conference||Suburban North|
|Mascot||Willie/ Wanda the Wildcat|
|Accreditation||MSIP Accreditation current as of 2017|
|Average ACT scores|
Hazelwood West High School began in 1974, with the first graduating class in 1975. Due to overcrowding of Hazelwood Senior High School (now known as Hazelwood Central), students attended classes on split shift in afternoons. The building that would partially become Hazelwood West opened in 1969 as a junior high school, Howdershell Jr. High. A greatly expanded building opened as a six-year facility in the fall of 1976, the present Hazelwood West High School, housing students from grades nine through twelve. In 2002, all district junior high schools were renamed middle schools. In 2005, two new building additions were added, a band room near the main entrance and a three-story classroom wing in the rear of the former middle school section. With the completion of six new middle schools in 2007: Hazelwood Central Middle School, Hazelwood North Middle School, Hazelwood Northwest Middle School, Hazelwood East Middle School, Hazelwood Southeast Middle School, and Hazelwood West Middle School, Hazelwood West was designated solely as a high school.
- Trevor Gaylor '96, WR Miami University 96-00, drafted by the San Diego Chargers in 2000 
- Lamark Brown '07, football player for the Minnesota Vikings
- Morgan Burkhart '90, Major League Baseball player
- Kyle McClellan '02, Major League Baseball player
- Al Nipper '77, Major League Baseball player
- Pat O'Connor '78, member, Missouri House of Representatives
- David Phelps '05, Notre Dame pitcher 06-08, drafted by the New York Yankees in 2008, Major League Baseball player
- Rob Riti '95, All-American football player
- Eric Sansouci ’01, collegiate baseball player for Northern Illinois University ‘04-’05. Played professionally for the Gateway Grizzlies ’05 of the Frontier League 
- Matt Winer '87, journalist for ESPN
- Jeffrey Wittmer '03, US weightlifter
- Clint Zweifel '91, State Treasurer of Missouri
- Demographic Data - Missouri Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education Archived 2006-10-15 at the Wayback Machine.
- Student Staff Ratios - Missouri Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education Archived 2006-10-15 at the Wayback Machine.
- American College Test (ACT) - Missouri Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education Archived 2006-10-15 at the Wayback Machine.
- Graduation rates - Missouri Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education Archived 2006-10-15 at the Wayback Machine.
- Dillon, Dan (2005). So, Where'd You Go to High School? Vol. 2, p.86-87. Virginia Publishing, St. Louis. ISBN 1-891442-33-3.
- "NIU Baseball Standout Eric Sansouci Inks With Gateway Grizzlies Of Frontier League". Northern Illinois University Official Athletics Site. 2005-06-27.
- "Weightlifter competes for berth in Beijing". stltoday.com. 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2008-12-07.[dead link]
- "Hazelwood West High marching band to perform at gubernatorial event". Hazelwood School District. Archived from the original on April 17, 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-13.