|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Genres||Hardcore punk, Alternative rock|
|Years active||2004–2006, 2009, 2011, 2012–present|
|Associated acts||Madball, Angels & Airwaves, H2O, Box Car Racer, New Found Glory|
|Past members||Chad Gilbert
Brian "Mitts" Daniels
The band features Freddy Cricien and Hoya Roc of New York hardcore band Madball; Toby Morse of hardcore band H2O; David Kennedy of alternative rock band Box Car Racer, hardcore punk band Over My Dead Body, and later neo-progressive rock band Angels & Airwaves; and Mackie of The Cro-Mags & Bad Brains. Chad Gilbert of Shai Hulud and later New Found Glory co-wrote and helped record every song on the album, but he was soon dismissed from Hazen Street by New Found Glory's record label due to a contract dispute. He was replaced by Brian "Mitts" Daniels of Madball.
Hazen Street released their self-titled debut album, Hazen Street on Joel and Benji Madden's DC Flag Records. On August 31, 2005, the band posted an update on their website, reporting that they would begin to work on a new record at the end of 2005, label to be announced. However, there has been no website updates since then, and nothing has been heard regarding this new album, presumably due to Kennedy's full-time involvement with Angels & Airwaves.
In November 2006, it was announced that their song "Are You Ready?" would be the official theme song for WWE Survivor Series 2006, the twentieth annual Survival Series pay-per-view. The event took place at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia on November 26, 2006.
Hazen Street again reunited to perform at The East Coast Tsunami Fest 2011, a Hardcore/Punk /Metal festival that took place in Reading, PA.
- Toby Morse – vocals (2004–2006, 2009, 2011, 2012–present)
- Freddy Cricien – vocals (2004–2006, 2009, 2011, 2012–present)
- Hoya Roc – bass guitar (2004–2006, 2009, 2011, 2012–present)
- Mackie Jayson – drums (2004–2006, 2009, 2011, 2012–present)
- David Kennedy – guitar (2004–2006, 2009)
- Chad Gilbert – guitar (2004)
- Brian "Mitts" Daniels – guitar (2005–2006)
- Jason Lederman – drums (2004)
- Hazen Street (2004)
- Fool the World (2004)
In pop culture
- "Hazen Street" is a 2-way street in Queens which leads to the Rikers Island Bridge to Rikers Island Prison Facility.
- The band's song, "Fool the World" was featured on the NHL 2005 and Madden NFL 2005 soundtracks.
- Their song "Back Home" was featured on the NBA 2K5 soundtrack.
- Their song, "Are You Ready" was included on the 2004 Warped Tour Compilation and in the DVD Nitro Circus 2 and it was also the theme song for the 2006 WWE Survivor Series.