Hazīn Lāhījī (1692, Esfahan, Iran — 1766, Benares, India) (Persian: حزین لاهیجی), is the pen-name of Mohammad Ali ibn Abi Tāleb ibn Abd Āllah, also known as Mohammad Ali ibn Abi Tāleb Hazin Lāhiji, Mohammad ibn Abi Tāleb Gilāni and Sheikh Mohammad Ali Hazin Lāhiji. He was an Iranian poet and scholar, born into an eminent family in Esfahan. His ancestors were scholars and landowners from Gilān (see Lāhijān). In 1734 he emigrated to India where he contributed to the Persianization of the ruling élites. He regarded the Persian of the Indian writers with much contempt. Hazin Lāhiji is considered to be one of the most prominent scholars of the Safavid era whose knowledge extended over the theological learning of his time as well as Natural Science, a fact testified by his extant writings.
- John R. Perry, Hazin Lāhiji, Shaikh Mohammad Ali B. Abi Tāleb, Encyclopaedia Iranica. 
- Muzaffar Alam and Sanjay Subrahmanyam, Indo-Persian Travels in the Age of Discoveries, 1400-1800, 416 p. (Cambridge University Press, 2007), page 229 and further. ISBN 0-521-78041-1
- Moḥammad 'Alī Ḥazīn, The life of Shaikh Muḥammad 'Alī Ḥazīn, edited by F.C. Belfour (London, 1830).
- Note: This autobiography has been digitised by Google and is freely available to public: M1.
- Sarfaraz Khan Khatak, Shaikh Muḥammad 'Alī Ḥazīn: His Life, Time and Works (Shaikh Muhammad Ashraf, Lahore, 1944).
- Sarfaraz Khan Khatak, Aḥwāl wa Āthār-i Ḥazīn Lāhījī (احوال و آثار حزین لاهیجی), Translated & Edited by S. Naqi Abbas (Kaify), Iran Culture House, New Delhi, 2015
- Mohammad Ali ibn Abi Tāleb Hazin Lāhiji, Rasā'el-e Hazin Lāhiji (رسائل حزین لاهیجی — Treatises of Hazin Lāhiji), edited by Ali 'Owjabi, Nāser Bāqeri Bidhendi, Eskandar Esfandiāri and Abdolhossein Mahdavi, 340 p. (Mirās Maktoob Publishing House, Tehran, 1998). ISBN 964-90733-3-7
- Mohammad Ali ibn Abi Tāleb Hazin Lāhiji, Fat'h-os-Sobol (فتح السبل — Introduction to Modi Operandi), edited by Nāser Bāqeri Bidhendi, 217 p. (Mirās Maktoob Publishing House, Tehran, 1996).
- S. Naqi Abbas (Kaify), Nigāhī Be ‘Zindagī Wa Āsthār-i Ḥazīn Lāhījī’ Tālīf-i Sarfarāz Khān Khatak (نگاهی به «زندگی و آثار حزین» تألیف سرفراز خان ختک), Published in Qand-i Pārsī, Special Issue on Ḥazīn Lāhījī And Banāras, Issue No. 45-46, pp. 489–498, Persian Research Centre, Iran Culture House, New Delhi, 2009