June 10, 1987 |
|Event(s)||3 m, 3 m synchro|
He Chong (simplified Chinese: 何冲; traditional Chinese: 何衝; pinyin: Hé Chōng; Cantonese Yale: Ho4 Chung1; born June 10, 1987 in Zhanjiang, Guangdong) is a Chinese diver. He is the 2008 Olympic Champion in the 3m springboard.
He split with partner Wang Feng after they won a gold medal in the 3m synchronised springboard event at the 2005 World Championships. The two staged a reunion and won gold at the same event in the 2006 Diving World Cup in Changshu, China.
At the 2008 Olympics He Chong defeated an elite field of divers including, the two time world champion Alexandre Despatie, the 2006 world cup champion Qin Kai, and eight time Olympic medalist Dmitri Sautin.
He lit the flame at the 2010 Asian Games opening ceremony.
He is often referred to as the greatest springboard diver in history, having been almost unbeatable since 2008.
- 2005 World Championships – 1st 3m springboard synchro;
- 2005 National Games – 1st 1m springboard;
- 2006/2008 World Cup – 1st 1m/3m springboard
- 2008 Beijing Olympics 3m springboard Gold Medalist
- 2009 FINA World Championships 3m springboard Gold medallist
- 2012 London Olympics 3m springboard bronze
- 3m Springboard 2008 Beijing, CHN 572.90
- 3m Springboard 2011 Barcelona, SPA 544.95
- 3m Springboard 2011 Shanghai, CHN 554.30
- 3m Springboard 2009 Rome, ITA 505.20
- Synchronised 3m Springboard 2005 Montreal, QC, CAN 384.42
- 1m Springboard 2007 Melbourne, VIC, AUS 469.85
- 3m Springboard 2005 Montreal, QC, CAN 730.77
- 3m Springboard 2010 Guangzhou, CHN 525.85
- 3m Springboard 2012 Moscow, RUS 497.65
- 3m Springboard 2012 Beijing, CHN 548.70
- 3m Springboard 2012 Dubai, UAE 522.25
- 3m Springboard 2011 Guanajuato, MEX 519.20
- 3m Springboard 2011 Sheffield, GBR 531.15
- 3m Springboard 2011 Beijing, CHN 536.25
- 3m Springboard 2011 Moscow, RUS 486.00
- 3m Springboard 2012 London, GBR 535.35
- 3m Springboard 2010 Changzhou, CHN 546.55
- 3m Springboard 2011 Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA 487.05
|FINA Male Diver of the Year