|He Jifeng (何积丰)|
|Fields||Computer science, formal methods|
|Institutions||East China Normal University
University of Oxford
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
United Nations University
|Alma mater||Fudan University
East China Normal University
|Known for||Unifying Theories of Programming|
He Jifeng graduated from the mathematics department of Fudan University in 1965. From 1965 to 1985, he was an instructor at East China Normal University. During 1980–81, he was a visiting scholar at Stanford University and the University of San Francisco in California, USA.
From 1984 to 1998, He Jifeng was a Senior Research Fellow at the Programming Research Group in the Oxford University Computing Laboratory (now the Oxford University Department of Computer Science). He worked extensively on formal aspects of computing science. In particular, he worked with Prof. Sir Tony Hoare, latterly on Unifying Theories of Programming, resulting in a book of that name.
He Jifeng's research interests include sound methods for the specification of computer systems, communications, application and standards, and techniques for designing and implementing those specifications in software and/or hardware with high reliability.
In 2005, he was elected to the Chinese Academy of Sciences. In 2013, his 70th birthday was celebrated at East China Normal University with an international three-day Festschrift in association with the International Conference on Theoretical Aspects of Computing (ICTAC).
He Jifeng has written a number of computer science books, including:
- He Jifeng, Provably Correct Systems: Modelling of Communication Languages and Design of Optimized Compilers. McGraw-Hill International Series in Software, 1995. ISBN 978-0-07-709052-4.
- C.A.R. Hoare and He Jifeng, Unified Theories of Programming. Prentice Hall International Series in Computer Science, 1998. ISBN 978-0-13-458761-5.
- Zhiming Liu and He Jifeng, Mathematical Frameworks for Component Software: Models for Analysis and Synthesis. World Scientific Publishing Company, Series on Component-Based Software Development, 2007. ISBN 978-981-270-017-9.
- "He Jifeng". Brainstorm. Retrieved April 9, 2012. External link in
- "He Jifeng computer software expert". Hangzhou Institute of Service Engineering, Hangzhou Normal University. Retrieved April 9, 2012. External link in
- He Jifeng, East China Normal University, China.
- "Festschrift Symposium in Honor of He Jifeng". Shanghai, China: East China Normal University. 1–3 September 2013. Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- Liu, Zhiming; Woodcock, Jim; Zhu, Huibiao, eds. (2013). Theories of Programming and Formal Methods: Essays Dedicated to Jifeng He on the Occasion of His 70th Birthday. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 8051. Springer. ISBN 978-3-642-39697-7.
- Books by He Jifeng, Amazon.com.
- He Jifeng homepage (English)
- He Jifeng's publications indexed by the DBLP Bibliography Server at the University of Trier
- List of publications from Microsoft Academic Search