He Knew He Was Right (TV serial)
|He Knew He Was Right|
|Written by||Andrew Davies|
|Directed by||Tom Vaughan|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||4|
|Executive producer(s)||Bill Boyes
|Production company(s)||BBC / WGBH|
|Original network||BBC One|
|Original release||18 April– 25 April 2004|
He Knew He Was Right was a 2004 BBC TV adaptation of the Anthony Trollope novel He Knew He Was Right. It was directed by Tom Vaughan from a screenplay by Andrew Davies and starred Oliver Dimsdale, Laura Fraser, and Bill Nighy. It was originally broadcast on the BBC in four hourly episodes.
The series portrays the failure of a marriage caused by the unreasonable jealousy of a husband exacerbated by the stubbornness of a wilful wife.
For a full length summary see: He Knew He Was Right.
- Oliver Dimsdale — Louis Trevelyan
- Laura Fraser — Emily Trevelyan
- Anna Massey — Miss Stanbury
- Bill Nighy — Colonel Osborne
- Geoffrey Palmer — Sir Marmaduke Rowley
- Christina Cole — Nora Rowley
- Geraldine James — Lady Rowley
- Jane Lapotaire — Lady Milborough
- Raymond Coulthard — Mr. Glascock
- Maggie Ollerenshaw — Martha
- Stephen Campbell Moore — Hugh Stanbury
- Caroline Martin — Dorothy Stanbury
- Amy Marston — Priscilla Stanbury
- Joanna David — Mrs. Stanbury
- Barbara Flynn — Mrs. French
- Anna-Louise Plowman — Caroline Spalding
- David Tennant — Mr Gibson
- John Alderton — Mr Outhouse
- Fenella Woolgar — Arabella French
- Claudie Blakley — Camilla French
- Matthew Goode — Brooke Burgess
- Sinead Matthews — Mary
- "BBC press pack". Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- "He Knew He Was Right - a new Andrew Davies adaptation of an Anthony Trollope novel for BBC ONE". BBC. BBC Press Office. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
|This article relating to a television programme from the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|