He Poos Clouds
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|He Poos Clouds|
|Studio album by Final Fantasy|
|Released||June 13, 2006|
|Genre||Baroque pop, 21st-century classical music, chamber music|
|Label||Blocks Recording Club (Canada), Tomlab (elsewhere)|
|Final Fantasy chronology|
|Pitchfork Media||8.0/10 |
The songs on the album (excluding the fifth and tenth tracks) are loosely connected to the eight schools of magic in the role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons, and the title track's lyrics ostensibly refer to the Nintendo video game series The Legend of Zelda, as well as The Chronicles of Narnia. Pallett has also said that the album is a reflection on how atheists confront death.
The track "This Lamb Sells Condos" refers to the Toronto real estate developer Brad J. Lamb, who had previously used the song's title phrase as an advertising slogan. In the song, Pallett imagines an argument between the developer and his wife that alludes heavily to various fashion designers.
The album cover art is by Robin Fry.
The album was named the winner of the 2006 Polaris Music Prize on September 18, 2006.
Eight songs are directly related to the eight schools of magic in Dungeons & Dragons: the school of magic correlating to the song is in parentheses.
- "The Arctic Circle" – 4:24 (Abjuration)
- "He Poos Clouds" – 3:31 (Illusion)
- "This Lamb Sells Condos" – 4:39 (Conjuration)
- "If I Were a Carp" – 4:03 (Necromancy)
- "→" – 0:57
- "I'm Afraid of Japan" – 3:56 (Enchantment)
- "Song Song Song" – 4:31 (Evocation)
- "Many Lives → 49 MP" – 2:56 (Divination)
- "Do You Love?" – 3:03 (Transmutation)
- "The Pooka Sings" – 5:25
- He Poos Clouds at AllMusic
- "Pitchfork: Album Reviews: Final Fantasy: He Poos Clouds". 24 March 2011.
- Final Fantasy interview at Stylus magazine
- "Q&A with Owen Pallett] at [http://www.youaintnopicasso.com/ You Ain't No Picasso". External link in
- This Lamb Sells Condos and Poos Clouds, Torontoist, 2 May 2006
- Final Fantasy → He Poos Clouds, Alpentine Owen Pallett Fansite, 27 October 2018
- Final Fantasy footnotes at AMP Minizine
|This 2000s album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|