He Xuntian (simplified Chinese: 何训田; traditional Chinese: 何訓田; pinyin: Hé Xùntián；born in 1952 in Suining, Sichuan) is a distinguished composer, creator of a new musical language and also a music composition professor at Shanghai Conservatory of Music.
He studied music theory by himself from the age of eight and composition followed. In 1982, he graduated from the Composition Department of the Sichuan Conservatory of Music.
In 1981, he established Three Periods Theory and Theory of Musical Dimension;
In 1982, he developed RD Composition (renyilv duiyingfa Composition), the first compositional method of contemporary China;
In 1993, he established the Five Nons (Non-Western, non-Eastern, non-academic, non-folk, and non-non.) ;
In 1995, Sister Drum was launched, making him the first Chinese composer to have his record released worldwide. This album, together with a number of others including Voices from the Sky, was released in more than 80 countries with a total sales volume of several million copies;
In 1996, he established SS Composition (stream of structure Composition);
In 1997, he put forward Theory of Interspace;
In 2003, he composed Images in Sound, which was humanity's first gift of primordial music to all species of the natural world;
In 2008, he produced Ehe Chant, the first work of Preconsciousness Music in human history.
He has received 15 international composition awards, including the Outstanding Musical Achievement Award of the International New Music Composer Competition USA 1989-1990; 13 national composition awards, including the First Prize at the Third All-China Music Competition.
His works have been published globally by a number of international publishing companies, including Warner Music Group and Schott Music; and premiered and performed worldwide by many leading orchestras and ensembles, including BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra and The Israel Symphony Orchestra.
He is known for his compositions done for Dadawa, whose breakthrough was Sister Drum - an international bestseller that sold more than 2 million copies. He has been collecting Tibetan music for twenty years and this has heavily influenced his compositions.
- International New Music Composer Competition - The Outstanding Musical Achievement Award in USA (1989-1990)
- The Gold Tripod Award in Taiwan (1995)
- Three Periods Theory 三时说 (1981)
- Theory of Musical Dimension 音乐維度论 (1981) 
- RD Composition RD作曲法 (1982)
- Five Nons 五非说 (1993)
- SS Composition 结构流作曲法 (1996)
He Xuntian: Passing By the Earth, 1999
- Believer 信徒 (1993)
- Paradise Inferno 天堂地狱 (1993)
- Himalayans 喜玛拉雅人 (1995)
- Ballad of Lhasa 拉萨谣 (1995)
- Seven Drums 七只鼓 (1995)
- Ox Cart 牛车 (1997)
- Flown Away 不翼而飞 (1997)
- Flash of Enlightenment 三托历 (1997)
- In the Setting of the Sun 夕阳西下 (1997)
- Already Song 了歌 (1998)
- Fragrant Nirvana Tree 伽南香娑罗树 (1999)
- Passing By the Earth 路过地球 (1999)
- Mystical Scent 神香 (2006)
- Two of the Earthly Branches, string quartet 两个时辰 (1983)
- Phonism I, 10 performers 幻听 I (1989)
- Phonism II, 9 performers 幻听 II (1990)
- FuSe Pattern (trio), 3 performers 拂色图 (1997)
- Scent Dance I, clarinet solo 香之舞 I (2009)
- Scent Dance II, violoncello solo 香之舞 II (2010)
- Scent Dance III, string quartet 香之舞 III (2011)
- Whirling Udumbara II (trio), viola, violoncello and he-drum 优昙波罗旋转舞 II (2012)
- Whirling Peach Blossom, violin, viola and he-drum 桃花旋转舞 (2015)
- FuSe Pattern 拂色图 (1997)
- Rupa Dance, piano concerto 色之舞 (2009)
- Scent Dance IV 香之舞 IV (2012)
- Whirling Udumbara II 优昙波罗旋转舞 II (2012)
- Whirling Udumbara I 优昙波罗旋转舞 I (2013)
- Whirling Papaver 米囊旋转舞 (2014)
- Whirling Peach Blossom 桃花旋转舞 (2015)
- Cherry Prayer 樱桃祈祷文 (2015)
- Tonal Patterns, symphony 平仄 (1985)
- Four Dreams, electric erhu and orchestra 梦四则 (1986)
- Telepathy, symphony 感应 (1987)
- Pipa Pattern, string orchestra and woodwind 琵琶图 (2001)
- Clouds Rising Into the Lotus Flowers, soprano and orchestra 云上莲花 (2008)
- Rupa Dance, piano concerto 色之舞 (2009)
- Sunyata Dance, clarinet concerto 空之舞 (2011)
- Whirling Udumbara II, string orchestra and he-drum 优昙波罗旋转舞 II (2012)
- Sounds of Nature, unconventional Instruments, seven performers 天籁 (1986)
- Images in Sound, unconventional Instruments 声音图案 (1997-2003)
- MiLi Pattern 秘厘图
- FuSe Pattern 拂色图
- MiYi Pattern 弥泆图
- FuXiang Pattern 浮香图
- MiGuo Pattern 密果图
- FuYi Pattern 弗意图
- MiFu Pattern 靡符图
- The Riddler, musical theatre 迷哥 (2001)
- Leifeng Pagoda Music Ceremony 雷峰夕照音乐大典 (2002)
- The Sign, Internet game music 神迹 (2003)
- Eulogy of Lingshan Lucky, music ceremony 灵山吉祥颂 (2009)
- Yellow Children 黄孩子 (1991)
- 《大海走了》The Sea is Gone
- 《黄孩子》Yellow Children
- 《吹箫人》 he Xiao Player
- 《不相识的父亲》The Unknown Father
- 《缘》The Fate
- 《枯水季节》The Dry Season
- 《这才是你》This is You
- 《远去的孩子》The Child Going Far Away
- Sister Drum 阿姐鼓 (1995)
- 《没有阴影的家园》Home without Shadow
- 《阿姐鼓》Sister Drum
- 《笛威辛亢 纽威辛亢》Di Wei Shin Kan, New Wei Shin Kan（《天堂地狱》Paradise Inferno）
- 《羚羊过山岗》Crossing the Ridge
- 《卓玛的卓玛》Zhuoma of Zhuomas
- 《转经》The Turning Scripture
- Warrior Lanling 兰陵王 (1995)
- 《远古的回声》Ancient Echo
- 《美丽的鳯雀部落》Beautiful Phoenix Tribe
- 《生殖舞》Dance of Reproduction
- 《兰陵与面具》Lanling and Mask
- 《黑发舞》Dance of Black Hair
- 《神树》Divine Tree
- 《血祭》Blood Sacrifice
- 《母亲的歌》Mother's Song
- Voices from the Sky 央金玛 (1997)
- Paramita 波罗密多 (2002)
- The Sigh 神迹 (2003)
- 《鹰》The Eagle
- 《迹》The Sign
- 《九天乐》Ecstasy with Ninth Heaven
- 《孤岛》Isolated Island
- 《十地火境》Fire in Dasa-bhumi
- 《十地水境》Water in Dasa-bhumi
- 《十地魔境》Magic in Dasa-bhumi
- 《王者夺鼎战》The Battle
- Seven Days 七日谈 (2006)
- 《不翼而飞》Flown Away
- 《伽南香娑罗树》Fragrant Nirvana Tree
- 《夕阳西下》In the Setting of the Sun
- 《了歌》Already Song
- 《三托历》Flash of Enlightenment
- 《路过地球》Passing By the Earth
- 《第七天》The Seventh Day
- Mystical Scent 神香 (2007)
- 《盛典》Sacred Book
- 《命运之子》Son of Destiny
- 《神香》Mystical Scent
- 《狼婆湖》Wolf-Woman Lake
- 《藏戏舞》Tibetan Drama Dance
- 《山歌》Mountain Song
- 《神香》Mystical Scent
- 《最后的眼泪》The Last Tear
- 《神香》Mystical Scent
- Images in Sound 声音图案 (2007)
- 《秘厘图》MiLi Pattern
- 《拂色图》FuSe Pattern
- 《弥泆图》MiYi Pattern
- 《浮香图》FuXiang Pattern
- 《密果图》MiGuo Pattern
- 《弗意图》FuYi Pattern
- 《靡符图》MiFu Pattern
- Tathagata 如來如去 (2009)
- Ehe Chant 一訸上歌 (2012)
- 《一訸上歌》Ehe Chant
- "He Xuntian". Musical Works. 2013-08-08. pp. 1–21. ISSN 0513-2436.
- "Cover of People's Music , 2001-06". People's Music. 2001-06-12.
- "He Xuntian". Schott Music. June 2012.
- "Ehe Chant 832". Life. April 2012.
- "He Xuntian go hand in hand with The Israel Symphony Orchestra". eastday. Retrieved 2014-09-19.
- "He Xuntian of "Pan-Exotic"". Chinese Business News. Retrieved 2014-12-08.
- "The Music Is Etched on the Memory of All Generation". People's Daily. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- "Thus have I heard He Xuntian". Musical Works. 2013-08-08. pp. 22–27. ISSN 0513-2436.
- "The Compositional Concept and Theory of He Xuntian". Dissertation of Shanghai Conservatory of Music. January 2011.
- "He Xuntian's Ark". People's Music. 2005-01-12. pp. 28–31. ISSN 0447-6573.
- "Analysis of Dabo River Caprice". Dissertation of Sichuan Conservatory of Music. March 1984.
- "Scent Dance III". Schott Music. July 2013.
- "Scent Dance: Extraordinary Fragrance". Arts Criticism. 2015-02-04. pp. 84–87. ISSN 1672-6243.
- "Telepathy: He Xuntian Symphony Works Concert". People's Music. 1989-02-12.
- "Analysis of Four Dreams Composed by He Xuntian". Dissertation of Shanghai Conservatory of Music. February 2009.
- "Sounds of Nature: He Xuntian's RD Composition". Explorations In Music. January 1989.
- "Impressions of Sounds of Nature". Music Lover. March 1987.
- "Warrior Lanling". china daily. Retrieved 2006-03-15.
- "Singing From Heaven". hangzhou.com.cn. Retrieved October 23, 2002.
- "Vocals are common to all mankind: Interview Xuntian He". Southern Weekly. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- "Touched sentient beings: He Xuntian's Ode to Good Fortune". music weekly. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- "Analysis of He Xuntian". Dissertation of Shanghai Conservatory of Music. January 2011.
- "China: Global Gaze". Modern Weekly No:21. Retrieved 2003-01-18.
- "Voices from the Sky". douban-music. Retrieved 2013-12-19.
- "Paramita". douban-music. Retrieved 2013-12-19.
- "The Sigh". douban-music. Retrieved 2013-12-19.
- "Seven Days". windmusic. 2007. Retrieved 2009-07-04.
- "Mystical Scent". windmusic. 2007. Retrieved 2009-07-04.
- "Tathagata". cdbaby.com. October 2008. Retrieved 2013-12-21.
- "Ehe Chant". mtv.com. November 2012. Retrieved 2013-12-21.
- Official Website (Chinese)
- Hong Kong Sinfonietta Press Release
- China Beat entry on He Xuntian
- ARTS CHINA·何训田 HeXunTian youku.com
- He Xuntian, a bard roaming freely through the Eden of music. icshanghai.com
- He Xuntian schott-music.com
- He Xuntian academic.ru
- He Xun-Tian Discography of CDs cduniverse.com