Head Waters, Virginia
A view of Head Waters, VA eastbound on U.S. 250
|Elevation||2,047 ft (624 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1484004|
Head Waters (also Headwaters) is an unincorporated community in Highland County, Virginia, United States. Head Waters is located approximately 4.25 miles (6.84 km) east of McDowell on US 250. The South Fork South Branch Potomac River rises north of Head Waters, hence the community's name. Head Waters has a post office with ZIP code 24442.
- "Head Waters". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- Google (December 19, 2013). "Head Waters, Virginia" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- "Domestic Geographic Name Report Form - Head Waters, Virginia". U.S. Department of the Interior Board on Geographic Names. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- "South Fork South Branch Potomac River". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- Scott, Chris (2008). Highland County. Arcadia Publishing. p. 10.
- "Find Locations - Head Waters". United States Postal Service. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
|This Highland County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|