Headline News (album)
This article does not cite any sources. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Studio album by Atomic Rooster|
|Genre||Progressive rock, new wave|
|Atomic Rooster chronology|
It has been released on CD several times: firstly in 1994 on Voiceprint, secondly in 1997 on Blueprint and in 2002 on Eagle. In 2004 it was repackaged by Dutch label MCP as Future Shock. In addition, in 2005 the German Ambitions/Membran International label packaged it alongside The First Ten Explosive Years as a two-disc set entitled Rebel with a Clause.
All CD issues feature two bonus tracks not included on the original LP.
Vincent Crane's wife, Jean, contributes lyrics to three tracks, including "Watch Out!/Reaching Out", an adaptation of the Atomic Rooster album cut. The album was recorded at the Cranes' home in Maida Vale, with the help of a mobile studio parked outside, and the sessions engineered by Tom Newman, remembered for his production work on Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells album. Paul Hammond used electronic Yamaha drums for the recording of the drum tracks.
- "Hold Your Fire" (Vincent Crane) 4:51
- "Headline News" (V. Crane) 5:16
- "Taking a Chance" (V. Crane) 3:08
- "Metal Minds" (V. Crane, Jean Crane) 4:27
- "Land of Freedom" (V. Crane) 3:47
- "Machine" (V. Crane) 5:26
- "Dance of Death" (V. Crane) 4:29
- "Carnival" (V. Crane) 4:34
- "Time" (V. Crane, J. Crane) 6:30
CD reissue bonus tracks
- "Future Shock" (John Mizarolli) 4:23
- "Watch Out!/Reaching Out" (V. Crane, J. Crane) 5:09
- "Land of Freedom" / "Carnival" (May 1983). A 12" single was released with an extended version of "Land of Freedom".
- Vincent Crane: Hammond organ, piano, Prophet 5, Minimoog, Clavinet, percussion, vocals
- Bernie Tormé: guitars
- Paul Hammond: drums, percussion