India Today (TV channel)
India Today logo
|Launched||7 April 2003|
|Owned by||Living Media|
4:3 (576i, SDTV) |
16:9 1080i (HDTV) (2019-present)
|Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Formerly called||Headlines Today|
|Sister channel(s)||Aaj Tak, Dilli Aaj Tak, Tez TV|
|Airtel Digital TV (India)||Channel 372|
|Reliance Digital TV (India)||Channel 455|
|Sun Direct (India)||Channel 557|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 509|
|Videocon d2h (India)||Channel 357|
|Asianet Digital (India)||Channel 424|
|Siti Cable (India)||Channel 415|
India Today is a 24-hour English language television network based in Noida, Uttar Pradesh that carries news, current affairs and business programming in India. The channel is owned by TV Today Network Ltd, which is a part of Living Media.
The channel was launched in 2003 as a sister channel of the Hindi Aaj Tak news channel. It is one of the four news channels from the TV Today Network stable, the others being Aaj Tak, Tez and Delhi Aaj Tak. Alok Verma was brought in as the Executive Producer to successfully launch TV Today group's foray into the English news channel category. Media watchers flagged the channel for unethical use of footage in September 2015 and sexist content.
- Gaurav C Sawant - Executive Editor
- Rahul Kanwal - Managing Editor
- Rajdeep Sardesai - Consulting Editor
- Karan Thapar - host of a show on the channel called To The Point
- Alok Verma - Former Executive Producer and Head of Special Projects at TV Today
- Exchange4media News Broadcasting Awards 2015
- "India Today Group". India Today Group. Retrieved 2010-10-09.
- "Aaj Tak English channel may launch in 10 days". Indian Television. 24 February 2003. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "TV Today's Delhi Aaj Tak likely to launch mid-May". Indian Television. Archived from the original on 7 February 2016. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "TV Today Network wins big at ENBA 2015". Retrieved 3 April 2017.