|Nonprofit Health Care Provider and Health Insurance Company|
|Industry||Health Care and Insurance|
|Mary Brainerd, President & Chief Executive Officer|
HealthPartners is an integrated, nonprofit health care provider and health insurance company located in Bloomington, Minnesota offering care, coverage, research and education to its members, patients and the community.
HealthPartners was founded in 1957 as Group Health, a consumer-governed nonprofit health plan with a board of directors made up of its own members and patients. In 1992, Group Health merged with MedCenters Health Plan, and together they formed HealthPartners. On January 1, 2013 HealthPartners merged with Park Nicollet Health Services of St. Louis Park to become the new HealthPartners.
Mary Brainerd has been the president and chief executive officer since 2002.
Donald Lewis has been the Board Chair since 2013.
HealthPartners says that the cost of medical care for its members is 8 percent lower than the state average and as much as 38 percent lower than the national average.
Clinics and hospitals
HealthPartners family of care includes the HealthPartners Park Nicollet Care Group, a multispecialty group practice of more than 1,700 physicians representing primary care and 55 medical and surgical specialties, serving patients at more than 55 clinic locations and seven hospitals throughout the Twin Cities and Western Wisconsin.
These locations include more than 55 primary care clinics, 22 urgent care clinics, 27 in-clinic pharmacies, 15 eye care centers and 22 dental clinics.
HealthPartners operates on-site health clinics for employees of nine different organizations including: Anoka County, Minneapolis Public Schools, TURCK, Wilson Tool International, and Grede/Bernick's in St. Cloud, Minn. At Wilson Tool, a company with about 500 workers in White Bear Lake, Minnesota, health insurance costs have remained virtually flat for three years, versus double-digit increases before the clinic.    
HealthPartners offers Virtuwell.com an online clinic with certified medical professionals who can diagnose and treat over 50 health problems, eliminating the need for face-to-face visits for 40% of patients who use the system.
Awards and recognition
U.S. News & World Report/NCQA rated HealthPartners among the top 50 best commercial health plans in the nation for four years in a row (2005–2008).
In 2006, HealthPartners received the American Medical Group Association's national Acclaim Award for excellence in patient care.
Modern Healthcare named HealthPartners one of the best places to work in health care.
HealthPartners is the national benchmark in seven areas in a 2008 report sponsored by the National Business Coalition on Health.
HealthPartners ranks “Highest in Member Satisfaction among Commercial Health Plans in the Minnesota-Wisconsin Region” according to J.D. Power and Associates' 2008 National Health Insurance Plan Study.
In 2011, HealthPartners Institute for Education and Research implemented the EBAN Experience™ program to reduce health disparities among minority populations, most notably East African immigrants.
- "About Us". Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "About us". Healthpartners.com. Retrieved 2015-02-27.
- "Press Release". Healthpartners.com. 2012-01-24. Retrieved 2015-02-27.
- "HealthPartners Board of Directors". Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- Hill, Miriam. Co-ops suddenly are the talk of health care. The Philadelphia Inquirer. 18 Aug. 2009.[dead link]
- "Quick Facts". Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- Newmarker, Chris. HealthPartners reform plan: Be more like us. Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal. 29 June 2009.
- "Quick Facts". Retrieved 18 February 2015.
- "Quick Facts". Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "HealthPartners touts workplace clinics' health and cost benefits". Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Employers make room for workplace clinics". Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "HealthPartners Press Releases". Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "HealthPartners Well@Work Clinics". Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "HealthPartners Well@Work Map". Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Online Clinic Enhances Access to and Reduces Costs of Care for Minor Health Problems, Generates Significant Time Savings and High Satisfaction Among Patients". Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. 2013-11-06. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- "HealthPartners.com - News Release". archive.org.
- "Acclaim Award History"., activefamily.net, http://web.archive.org/web/20120407213313/http://www.amga.org/AboutAMGA/Awards/Acclaim/bg_acclaim.asp. Retrieved June 1, 2016. Missing or empty
- http://www.allbusiness.com/company-activities-management/operations-quality-control/11730727-1.html. Retrieved October 20, 2009. Missing or empty
- "J.D. Power and Associates Reports: HealthPartners Has Highest Member". encyclopedia.com. Archived from the original on October 11, 2012.
- "Clinics Offer Culturally Tailored Diabetes Education and Culturally Appropriate Care to Ethiopian Patients, Leading to More Engagement, Better Outcomes, and Reduction of Health Disparities". Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. 2014-01-29. Retrieved 2014-01-29.