A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type of business||Private|
|Headquarters||Palo Alto, California|
|No. of locations||2 (San Francisco, California)|
|Key people||Bill Gossman (CEO)|
Greg Gilley (CTO)
Sean Mehra (CSO)
Geoffrey Rutledge (CMIO)
Barry Saik (COO)
Kurt Blasena (CRO)
|Products||HealthTap.com, HealthTap app|
HealthTap is a technology company delivering a suite of connected health apps. Their stated mission is to "Help billions live a healthier, happier, longer life". Their customers include health systems, insurance companies, and (self-insured) employers.
The main service offered by HealthTap is the ability to ask health questions, online and via mobile devices, to a network of U.S.-licensed physicians for free. They also offer the ability to connect immediately or by appointment with a doctor for a consultation via video conference, phone call, or text chat.
Health information on the service is supplied interactively by a network of nearly 140,000 licensed doctors in good standing (licensed physicians with active disciplinary actions against them are not admitted to the network). HealthTap also provides the opportunity for peer review, which consists of doctors rating each other and self-identifying specializations. HealthTap says its doctor network is present in 170 countries.
Press and expansion
- "HealthTap Announces $11.5M in Series A Funding led by Mayfield Fund, Mohr Davidow Ventures and Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors", "PR Newswire", December 6, 2011
- Regina Sinsky, "HealthTap's Social Network of 5,000 Doctors Is Ready to Give Free Advice", newyorktimes.com, September 26, 2011
- Tomio Geron "HealthTap Q&A Site Connects Doctors and Patients" www.forbes.com, December 06, 2011
- Bonnie Rochman "A New Health Site in Beta Testing for Pregnant Women, New Moms"
- <"10,000 Physicians Strong and Growing" bixjournals.com, February 12, 2012
- See Footnote 3
- <"HealthTap Acquires Doctors Business From Avvo" Forbes.com, November 29, 2012
- <"HealthTap quietly acquires physician app startup DocPhin" mobihealthnews.com, March 14, 2016
- HealthTap main page: https://www.healthtap.com/