Health Insurance Innovations
|Traded as||NASDAQ: HIIQ|
|Industry||Business services/software development|
|Founder||Michael W. Kosloske|
218 E Bearss AveSte 325, Tampa, Florida, United States
Number of locations
|Gavin Southwell (CEO and President)|
|Services||Insurance products and lifestyle benefits|
Health Insurance Innovations is a developer of web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products listed on NASDAQ. HII was founded in 2008 by Michael W. Kosloske, and is headquartered in Tampa, Florida. The company uses a cloud-based platform which enables licensed agents to enroll consumers in a variety of insurance products and lifestyle benefits provided by carrier partners. The health insurance products are sold by licensed insurance agents and underwritten by insurance carrier companies.
The company was initially run by Health Plan Intermediaries, LLC. In 2011 HII agreed to purchase the units of Health Plan Intermediaries, LLC which was owned by Naylor Group Partners, LLC. As of September 30, 2012, the company had 51 employees.
Health Insurance Innovations' serves as consumers’ billing and technology resource when they purchase a policy from a licensed agent. They also serve as agents' technology resource as they market insurance products to consumers. The company’s cloud-based proprietary technology platform, was built to simplify the application process and to enable licensed agents to provide consumers with access to insurance products and lifestyle benefits that fit a variety of needs and budgets.
Health Insurance Innovations provides access to a variety of coverage options, including short-term medical coverage, limited medical coverage, accident, cancer and critical illness coverage, prescription coverage and savings programs, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, AD&D coverage, health and wellness programs, and lifestyle discounts.
In March 2015, Michael Hershberger, Senior Vice President of Finance and Business Development, was named the interim Chief Financial Officer, principal financial officer, and principal accounting officer. Gavin Southwell was named CEO and President in 2016.
- "Health Insurance Innovations Inc". Nasdaq.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Health Insurance Innovations". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Tampa Bay's hottest stock market performers for the first half of 2017 - Tampa Bay Business Journal". www-bizjournals-com.cdn.ampproject.org. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "IPO Preview: Health Insurance Innovations". Seekingalpha.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Health Insurance Innovations". Gohealthvmo.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Public Eye-Mike Kosloske, Health Insurance Innovations (Video)". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Health Insurance Innovations Launches HIIQuote's New 'Options Page' To Enable Easy Bundling Of Short-Term Medical Plans And Ancillary Benefits". Thestreet.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Health Insurance Innovations Inc announces finance organization changes". Reuters.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "BRIEF-Health insurance innovations Appoints Gavin Southwell as CEO, raises 2016 guidance". Reuters.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.