Health Insurance Innovations
|Traded as||NASDAQ: HIIQ (Class A)|
Russell 2000 Component
|Headquarters||218 E Bearss Ave Ste 325,|
Number of locations
|Gavin Southwell (CEO and President)|
|Services||Insurance products and lifestyle benefits|
Health Insurance Innovations is a technology platform focused on Health and Life insurance, Critical Illness, Telemedicine, Dental and other related products. The firm, listed on NASDAQ, is led by President and CEO Gavin Southwell, and is headquartered in Tampa, Florida. The company uses a cloud-based platform for licensed agents to enroll customers in products provided by insurance companies which provide the actual coverage. The firm provides billing and information services for both the clients and the agents .
Health Insurance Innovations provides access to a variety of coverage options, including Short-term health insurance, limited medical coverage, accident, cancer and critical illness coverage, prescription coverage and savings programs, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, AD&D coverage, health and wellness programs, and lifestyle discounts.
The company was initially run by Health Plan Intermediaries, LLC. In 2011 HII agreed to purchase the units of Health Plan Intermediaries, LLC which was owned by Naylor Group Partners, LLC. As of September 30, 2012, the company had 51 employees.
In March 2015, Michael Hershberger, Senior Vice President of Finance and Business Development, was named the interim Chief Financial Officer, principal financial officer, and principal accounting officer. Gavin Southwell was named CEO and President in 2016.
The company's website allows consumers to compare prices and rank all health plans available in an area and provide information about Obamacare, Medicare, and other types of health insurance available to consumers. It also includes a variety of health insurance resources such as statistics, polls, and research.In 2018, both HealthPocket founders made a planned transition and are no longer with the company.
In 2015 Health Insurance Innovations announced the acquisition of Agile Health Insurance (or AgileHealthInsurance), which sells health insurance alternatives to Affordable Care Act insurance (“ACA” or Obamacare) through its website.
The company's website details prices for various private health insurance plans and allows consumers to apply for coverage online. The website also offers a Health Insurance Learning Center to provide answers to common problems experienced by consumers. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and the current SVP and Head of Business Operations is Shaun Greene.
- "Health Insurance Innovations Inc". Nasdaq.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Health Insurance Innovations". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Tampa Bay's hottest stock market performers for the first half of 2017 - Tampa Bay Business Journal". www-bizjournals-com.cdn.ampproject.org. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Health Insurance Innovations". Gohealthvmo.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Public Eye-Mike Kosloske, Health Insurance Innovations (Video)". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Health Insurance Innovations Launches HIIQ's New 'Options Page' To Enable Easy Bundling Of Short-Term Medical Plans And Ancillary Benefits". Thestreet.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "IPO Preview: Health Insurance Innovations". Seekingalpha.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Health Insurance Innovations Inc announces finance organization changes". Reuters.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "BRIEF-Health insurance innovations Appoints Gavin Southwell as CEO, raises 2016 guidance". Reuters.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- , Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2015 Results
-  HEALTHPOCKET, INC'.S AUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- , Sky-High Premiums and Exorbitant Deductibles May Seal the Fate of Obamacare, says AMAC
- , Cost of Retiree Dental Plans May Give You a Toothache
- , Health insurance companies request 13.5% premium increase for 2016
- , Company Overview of HealthPocket, Inc.
-  HII Simplifies Health Insurance Purchasing With AgileHealthInsurance.com
-  Meet the Experts