Health Sciences/Jubilee LRT Station
Health Sciences/Jubilee Station is an LRT station on both the Capital Line and the Metro Line in Edmonton, Alberta. It is a ground-level station located at 114 Street at 83 Avenue on the University of Alberta's main campus.
Health Sciences Station opened on January 3, 2006, and was the second LRT station built on the south side of the North Saskatchewan River. It was also the first above ground station to be built since Clareview Station which opened in 1981 and the first station built as part of the Capital Line's South expansion which added five new stations and 7.8 km of track to the system by 2010.
The station has a 124-metre long centre loading platform that can accommodate two five-car LRT trains at the same time, with one train on each side of the platform. The platform is exactly nine metres wide.
The station's platform features text etched into the glass walls and footprint impressions in the concrete as part of the public art piece "I Witness" by Holly Newman.
Around the station
- Aberhart Centre
- Canadian Blood Services (Edmonton Clinic)
- Cross Cancer Institute
- Kaye Edmonton Clinic
- Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute
- Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
- University of Alberta
- University of Alberta Hospital
- Windsor Park
- "2015 LRT Passenger Count Report" (PDF). Edmonton Transit System. April 2016. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- "Edmonton's LRT officially arrives at new station". Edmonton Journal. Canada.com. January 3, 2006. Retrieved November 29, 2011.
- City of Edmonton (July 2011). "LRT Design Guidelines 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. p. 700. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "South LRT - Making Tracks Summer 2010" (PDF). City of Edmonton. July 20, 2010. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
- Haines, Lucy (January 5, 2012). "Health Sciences pedway underway". Metro Edmonton. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
- "Work begins on Health Sciences LRT pedway". 630ched.com. January 4, 2012. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
- "I Witness". City of Edmonton Public Art Collection. Edmonton Arts Council. Retrieved July 19, 2016.