||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2015)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, USA|
|Dean Stephens, Co-Founder and CEO, Niraj Katwala,
CTO & GM 
|Products||Health information services|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Connect to Better Health|
Healthline Networks was founded in 1999 as YourDocto.com, by endocrine specialist Dr. James Norman. In 2005, the company was re-launched as Healthline Networks. Today, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. According to information retrieved from InsideView in 2013, Healthline Networks has over $21 Million in revenue and 105 employees.
Investors in the privately held company include Aetna Ventures, LLC, Comcast Ventures, GE, Investor Growth Capital, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Reed Elsevier Ventures, U.S. News & World Report, and VantagePoint Capital Partners.
The company’s product suite consists of health search and navigation products (BodyMaps, HealthLinks, HealthAnswers), including clinical applications of these products (Symptom Search, Treatment Search, Doctor Search, Drug Search). The product suite also includes display, banner and rich media advertising services, and medical reference content.
Healthline Network’s content website, Healthline.com, is a health information destination site. According to comScore, Healthline.com had over 3.3 million visitors in October 2013 and 7 million page views, and is a significant competitor to WebMD. [clarification needed] In 2009, Kim Komando, a technology columnist with USA Today, listed Healthline.com as a top health information website.
In addition to Healthline.com, the company also provides health-related content, tools and services to more than 40 other sites. In 2010, Healthline Networks signed an agreement to provide medical and health-related content and tools to Yahoo Health Other partners include AARP.com and DoctorOz.com. Healthline Networks software also powers Aetna’s patient portal.
- "Executive Team". Healthline Networks.
- "Healthline Networks, Inc.". InsideView.
- "Healthline". CrunchBase.
- Roush, Wade. [, http://www.xconomy.com/san-francisco/2011/11/30/healthline-battles-webmd-with-personalized-medical-search-tools-and-3d-body-maps/ "Healthline Battles WebMD With Personalized Medical Search Tools, Body Maps"] Check
value (help). Xconomy. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- "Technology Fast 500". Deloitte.
- Gonzalez, Nick. "Healthline Gets $21 Million and Some New Friends". TechCrunch. Retrieved July 16, 2007.
- Arrington, Michael. "Healthline Just Raised Serious Cash". TechCrunch. Retrieved January 22, 2006.
- "Overview Media Dashboard: Healthline.com". comScore.
- Tedeschi, Bob (January 23, 2006). "This Site Knows a Cold Isn’t a Rock Band". The New York Times. Retrieved January 23, 2006.
- Komando, Kim (July 30, 2009). "Online Tools Help Cope With Serious Illness". USA Today. Retrieved July 30, 2009.
- Helft, Miguel (April 1, 2010). "Yahoo Teams Up With Healthline". The New York Times. Retrieved April 1, 2010.
- Kolbasuk McGee, Marianne. "Aetna Taps Healthline for Patient Portal". Information Week. Retrieved March 29, 2011.