A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Founded||1999 (as YourDoctor.com)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, U.S. New York City, New York, United States|
|Key people||David Kopp, CEO|
|Products||Health information services|
|Alexa rank||243 As of November 2019[update]|
Healthline Media, Inc. is an American website and provider of health information headquartered in San Francisco, CA. It was founded in 2006, and established as a standalone entity in January 2016.
By 2013, it had over $21 million in revenue and 105 employees.
In January 2016, Healthline raised $95 million in growth equity financing through Summit Partners. Under the terms of the agreement, Healthline's media business was established as a standalone entity with David Kopp, former general manager, as CEO.
Healthline Media's website publishes health and wellness information, and a competitor to WebMD. In 2009, Kim Komando, a technology columnist with USA Today, listed Healthline.com as a top health information website.
In addition to Healthline.com, the company also provides health-related content, tools and services to more than 40 other sites. In 2010, Healthline Media signed an agreement to provide medical and health-related content and tools to Yahoo! Health. Other partners include AARP.com and DoctorOz.com. Healthline Networks software also powers Aetna's patient portal.
- "Executive Team". Healthline Networks.
- "healthline.com Site Overview". www.alexa.com. Retrieved August 4, 2016.
- "YourDocto.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- "Healthline". CrunchBase.
- Roush, Wade. "Healthline Battles WebMD With Personalized Medical Search Tools, Body Maps". Xconomy. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- "Healthline Networks, Inc". InsideView.
- "Technology Fast 500". Deloitte. Archived from the original on December 19, 2013.
- Healthline Media Raises Growth Financing from Summit Partners http://www.summitpartners.com/news/healthline-media-raises-growth-financing-from-summit-partners
- Healthline Media Grows Digital Reach with Acquisition of #1 Website for Medical News Information http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/04/prweb13368746.htm
- Tedeschi, Bob (January 23, 2006). "This Site Knows a Cold Isn't a Rock Band". The New York Times. Retrieved January 23, 2006.
- Komando, Kim (July 30, 2009). "Online Tools Help Cope With Serious Illness". USA Today. Retrieved July 30, 2009.
- Helft, Miguel (April 1, 2010). "Yahoo Teams Up with Healthline". Bits (blog). The New York Times. Retrieved April 1, 2010.
- Kolbasuk McGee, Marianne. "Aetna Taps Healthline for Patient Portal". Information Week. Retrieved March 29, 2011.