Heard 'em All
|"Heard 'em All"|
|Single by Amerie featuring Lil Wayne|
|from the album In Love & War|
|Released||August 31, 2009|
|Format||Digital download, CD single|
3:30 (main version)|
3:57 (main w/rap featuring Lil Wayne)
|Songwriter(s)||D. Carter, Rogers, S. Garrett, E. Hudson|
|Producer(s)||Sean Garrett, Eric Hudson|
|Amerie singles chronology|
|Lil Wayne singles chronology|
"Heard 'em All" is a single by American R&B recording artist Amerie from her fourth studio album, In Love & War, released in September 2009. In U.S., the song served as the second single from the album, following "Why R U". The official radio edit of the song features rapper Lil Wayne, with both versions being featured on the album. Its release was confirmed by Def Jam's official site. It was released in the UK on April 5, 2010.
The music video for "Heard 'em All" was shot in the Santa Clarita desert in California in August 2009. The video was directed by Anthony Mandler. The video is Mad Max-themed with a huge budget and pyrotechnics involved.
Pitchfork Media gave the song a rating of 4/10, commenting that: "So now we still want to root for her, and her still-vibrant voice. So why is she aiming for this sub-Beyoncé swagger? For a song with a bunch of great elements, 'Heard 'em All' insists you recognize its greatness, while not really having any greatness at its center to appreciate—all the interesting textures and timbres surround nothing. Where's the casual elegance, the sweetness that didn't so self-consciously assert its importance? Well, it gets a few seconds in the bridge. But in the end, Amerie does her own reputation a disservice, urging us to forget that she'd heard us all talk about how much we wanted her."
In August 2009, the song leaked featuring only Amerie on vocals. Later that month, an amended version surfaced featuring rapper Lil Wayne. In September 2009, a rock remix of the song, sampling AC/DC's "Back in Black" and featuring labelmate Kain, was released for promo.
|U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs||81|
|German Black Chart||35|
|Korean Pop Charts||4|
|Aruba's Top 20||3|
|United States||August 31, 2009||Airplay||Def Jam|
|September 15, 2009||Digital download|
|September 2009||CD single|
|United Kingdom||April 5, 2010||CD Single||Mercury|
- "Heard 'em All Remix Feat. Lil Wayne (Single) | Discography | Amerie | Artists | Def Jam". Island Def Jam. 2009-08-31. Retrieved 2009-10-01.
- "Listen To Amerie's New Single "Heard Em All" NOW! | News | Amerie | Artists | Def Jam". Island Def Jam. 2009-08-05. Retrieved 2009-10-01.
- Praxis Media. "Radio1 Rodos Greece ::: UK Forthcoming Singles ::: Charts, DJ Promos, Dance, Lyrics, Free Mp3 Samples Downloads". Radio1.gr. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Track Reviews: Amerie - "Heard 'em All"". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- "Amerie op MySpace Music – Gratis gestreamde MP3's, foto's en Videoclips". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2009-10-01.
- shockimpulse (2010-02-03). "4minute and BEAST's Junhyung to be featured on Amerie's upcoming album". Allkpop.com. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- Amerie - Chart history
- Die Deutschen Trend Charts. "Deutsche Black Charts (updated weekly)". Trendcharts.de. Retrieved 2009-10-01.
- Chart Korea. "Chart Korea Pop Chart (updated weekly)". Retrieved 2010-03-26.
- "Hit 94 FM STEREO ARUBA | We blow the competition away!". Hit94fm.com. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Heard 'em All: Amerie: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. 2009-09-15. Retrieved 2009-10-02.