Heart Research Institute
||This article is incomplete. (August 2013)|
Established in 1989 through a joint initiative of the National Heart Foundation of Australia, the cardiologists of Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, the Government of Australia, and Government of New South Wales, the Institute has become a research and research training facility, in particular in investigating the disease atherosclerosis.
In September 2009, the Institute relocated from its Camperdown, New South Wales site to its present site in Newtown, New South Wales. The Institute was opened by Quentin Bryce AC, the Governor-General of Australia.
Location and facilities
The HRI has state-of-the-art research laboratories and support facilities.
Chairman of the Board
- Prof. Leonard Kritharides
- Prof. David Celermajer
Director of Cardiovascular Research
- Prof. Shaun Jackson
- Prof. David Celermajer – Clinical Research Group
- Prof. Ben Freedman – Heart Rhythm and Stroke Prevention Group
- Prof. Stuart Grieve – Cardiac Imaging Group
- Prof Annemarie Hennessy – Vascular Immunology Group
- Prof. Shaun Jackson – Thrombosis Group
- Dr Mary Kavurma – Vascular Complications Group
- A/Prof. Martin Ng – Translational and Bioengineering Group
- Dr John O'Sullivan – Cardiometabolic Disease Group
- A/Prof. Sanjay Patel – Cell Therapeutics Group
- Prof. Paul Pilowsky – High Blood Pressure Group
- Dr Anna Waterhouse – Cardiovascular Medical Devices Group
- Dr Steven Wise – Applied Materials Group
- "Our History". Heart Research Institute.