Heart of England Way
|Heart of England Way|
Cannock Chase lies on the trail
|Length||160 km (99 mi)|
The Heart of England Way is a long-distance walk of around 160 km (100 mi) through the Midlands of England. The walk starts from Milford Common on Cannock Chase and ends at Bourton on the Water in the Cotswolds linking south Staffordshire through Warwickshire to east Gloucestershire (or vice versa).
On 20 July 2013, Ultra Runner David Hollyoak set a solo course record of completing the entire length of the Heart Of England Way (south to north) nonstop in 25 hours 11 minutes. The run is corroborated by having a relay of runners to run sections with him all the way. GPS statistics showed the route to be 105 miles.
Places on the way
- Cannock Chase
- Castle Ring
- Drayton Bassett
- Balsall Common
- Upper Quinton
- Chipping Campden
- Sites along the Heart of England Way
- "Heart of England Way". Long Distance Walkers Association. Archived from the original on 31 July 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- "Heart of England Way". Walking Pages. Archived from the original on 21 June 2018. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- "Walking the Heart of England Way". England This Way. Archived from the original on 16 May 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- Heart of England Way
- The Rambler's Association info on the Heart of England Way
- Photos taken along the Heart of England Way on geograph.org.uk