Heart of God Church
|Heart of God Church|
Heart of God Church or HOGC states that it is an independent charismatic youth church in Singapore. It was founded by Tan Seow How and his wife Cecilia Chan in 1999. The church currently holds its services in Paya Lebar in the East of Singapore. The Church practices speaking in tongues.
The church started when How and Chan, along with three other people, held the first cell group meeting in 1996 under the name Exousia Ministry. Soon, the group grew to 25 members and held services at a small house in Countryside Road.
In March 1998, the church moved to Henderson Industrial Park for its first combined service. The church was officially registered as "Heart of God Church" in August 1999.
Soon after, the small auditorium at Henderson Industrial Park could not hold the growing congregation; thus, in 2004, the church moved from Henderson Industrial Park to Dhoby Ghaut. Even as the church's ministries such as Operations and Creative Ministries and other ministries were birthed, the church continued to grow until the premise was no longer able to have space for its growing congregation.[not in citation given]
In January 2016, the church moved into its current location down the road, Imaginarium, 115 Eunos Avenue 3. The youth church runs on world-class multimedia and customer service.
In the media
Heart of God Church held a "Youth and Community Event" in April 2016 to launch three joint community programmes with Masjid Khalid mosque and Geylang United Temple. The three initiatives launched were a combined tuition programme, a football coaching and mentoring programme with national footballer Isa Halim leading the way, and a blood donation drive. Associate Professor Fatimah Lateef, Member of Parliament for Geylang Serai and adviser to the Geylang Serai IRCC, was the guest of honour. The event was held in collaboration with the Geylang Serai Inter-Racial and Religious Confidence Circle (IRCC) and was covered on The Straits Times and on Berita Harian.
- "Church Affiliation". Heart of God Church. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "About". Heart of God Church. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- "Location". Heart of God Church - Location. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
- "NCCS". National Council of Churches of Singapore. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "Heart of God Church – Leadership". Heart of God Church. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- Lee Siew Hua (27 November 2010). "Pushing Education With A Creative Touch". The Straits Times.
- Lee Siew Hua (27 November 2010). "Making Faith Cool". The Straits Times.
- "#LoveOthers". #LoveOthers. Retrieved 2015-08-06.
- Jacqueline Woo (2 June 2014). "Surprise gesture brings smiles". My Paper.
- "留字条送巧克力神秘人为48住户打气". Lianhe Wanbao. 30 May 2014.
- "新明日报". Shin Min Daily News. 30 May 2014.
- ""Inter-faith Community Event"". The Straits Times.
- ""Tiga badan berlainan agama bersatu lancar program bersama"". Berita Harian.