Heart of TARDIS
|Series||Doctor Who book:
Past Doctor Adventures
Fourth and Second Doctors
Jamie, Victoria, and Romana I
|Set in||Period between
The Tomb of the Cybermen and The Abominable Snowmen (in the Second Doctor's timeline); The Shadow of Weng-Chiang and The Androids of Tara (in the Fourth Doctor's timeline)
|Preceded by||Grave Matter|
|Followed by||Prime Time|
Heart of TARDIS is a BBC Books original novel written by Dave Stone and based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It features both the Second and Fourth Doctors with Jamie, Victoria, and Romana I.
Each Doctor has to deal with different ends of the same crisis involving a dimensional anomaly created by an American experiment, the Second accidentally materialising the TARDIS in a town that has been trapped in the anomaly while the Fourth is forcibly recruited to repair the equipment that created the anomaly. Although neither Doctor ever meets the other, the Fourth Doctor and Romana do travel to the Second's TARDIS to allow him to gain access when the anomaly renders the ship's interior inaccessible from the outside; when the Second Doctor enters, the Fourth Doctor and Romana subsequently hide under the console on the opposite side from the Second in order to escape detection, the Fourth stating that meeting himself would make things too complicated.
- Heart of TARDIS at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Cloister Library - Heart of TARDIS
- Heart of TARDIS at The TARDIS Library
- Heart of TARDIS reviews at Outpost Gallifrey
- Heart of TARDIS reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide
- The (Second) Doctor's Timeline at The Whoniverse
- Direct placement confirmed by cover blurb.
- The (Fourth) Doctor's Timeline at The Whoniverse gives support for specific placement relative to other spin-off media.
- Placement between The Stones of Blood and The Androids of Tara confirmed by cover blurb.
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This BBC-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|