Heart of Tunisia
|Founded||20 June 2019|
|Assembly of the Representatives of the People|
27 / 217
Heart of Tunisia (French: Au cœur de la Tunisie; Arabic: قلب تونس, Qalb Tounes) is a Tunisian political party founded on 20 June 2019 by lawyer Houda Knani a former member of the Free Patriotic Union. The party's candidate for the 2019 Tunisian presidential election, party head Nabil Karoui, placed second, earning him a spot in the runoff election.
On March 10 2020, 11 members of the party in the parliament announced their resignation from the party and the party's parliamentary bloc. The resignations of almost one third of the party's parliamentarians reduced the number of the party's seats in the parliament from 38 to 27.
- Ben Mahfoudh, Haykel (25 September 2019). "The democratic dilemma of the early Tunisian presidential elections". Atlantic Council. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- Cordall, Simon Speakman (29 August 2019). "Tunisian election in turmoil as frontrunner arrested but remains in the running". The National. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- "Heart of Tunisia endorses national, regional and local structuring for legislative, presidential elections". Tunis Afrique Presse. 5 August 2019. Retrieved 16 September 2019.
- "Tunisia: Saied, Karoui advance to runoff after topping polls". Al Jazeera. 17 September 2019.
- "Heart of Tunisia: 11 deputies from the bloc and from the party resigned". Mosaïque FM. 10 March 2020. Retrieved 10 March 2020.