Heart on a Wall
|This article does not cite any sources. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Heart on a Wall|
|Studio album by Jimmy Destri|
After Blondie's 1980 album Autoamerican, the band members took a break from both recording and touring as a group. The band's three principal songwriters, Deborah Harry, Chris Stein and Jimmy Destri instead recorded two solo projects; Harry and Stein the album KooKoo with Chic's Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers and Destri his first solo album Heart on a Wall. The album, produced by legendary movie composer/arranger Michael Kamen, features renowned musicians like guitarists Carlos Alomar (David Bowie, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Iggy Pop), Tommy Morrongiello (Bob Dylan, Blue Öyster Cult) and Earl Slick (Bowie, John Lennon, Yoko Ono) as well as Blondie drummer Clem Burke and guest appearances by Chris Stein and Debbie Harry.
Heart on a Wall was released in the US, the UK and France (Chrysalis CHR-1368) as well as Australia and New Zealand (L-37774), West Germany (204 425-320) and the Netherlands (204 425). "Living In Your Heart" backed with "Don't Look Around" was also released as a 7" single in France (PB-8865).
Any digital release of the album remains highly unlikely, as the original master tapes have been lost.
All tracks written by Jimmy Destri
- "Bad Dreams" – 3:21
- "Don't Look Around" – 4:35
- "Living in Your Heart" – 5:01
- "My Little World" – 5:47
- "Little Metal Drummer" - 4:19
- "Numbers Don't Count (On Me)" - 3:34
- "The King of Steam" - 4:20
- "Under the Ice" - 4:07
- "Heart on a Wall" - 2:43
- Jimmy Destri - vocals, keyboards, guitar, backing vocals
- Clem Burke - drums
- Tommy Morrongiello - left guitar
- Earl Slick - center guitar
- Carlos Alomar - right guitar, backing vocals
- John Siegler - bass
- Michael Kamen - keyboards, backing vocals
- Chris Stein - harmonica, lead guitar on "Little Metal Drummer"
- Donna Destri - backing vocals
- Debbie Harry - backing vocals
- Sasha Kamen - backing vocals
- Joey Wilson - backing vocals
- Michael Kamen - producer for Mother Fortune Inc.
- Recorded in New York at The Hit Factory.
- Mixed by Jimmy Destri and Robert Clifford with John Davenport and John Smith.
- Mastered at Sterling Sound by Greg Calbi.
- Art direction and photography by Lynn Goldsmith
- Logistics: Ace Penna.
- Production assistance: Susan Kaplow.
- Bullpen: Bert Padell, Bob Emmer, Marty Silfen, Eddie Germano, Bill George, Brendan and Jeff.
- Originally released as Chrysalis CHR 1368