Heart to Heart (South Korean TV series)
|Heart to Heart|
|Written by||Lee Jung-ah|
|Directed by||Lee Yoon-jung|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Original release||January 9– March 7, 2015|
Heart to Heart (Hangul: 하트 투 하트; RR: Hateu tu Hateu) is a 2015 South Korean television series starring Choi Kang-hee and Chun Jung-myung. It is directed by Lee Yoon-jung, and written by Lee Jung-ah, the writer-director duo of the famous The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince. It aired on tvN from January 9 to March 7, 2015 on Fridays at 20:30 for 16 episodes.
Go Yi-seok (Chun Jung-myung) is a successful psychiatrist with a best-selling book and talk show appearances under his belt. Though loving, sensitive and caring towards his family, he is also insecure, egocentric and suffers from an inferiority complex, caused by his childhood experiences. The resulting juvenile behaviour renders him incapable of forming meaningful relationships with women. To make matters worse, he's gradually developing a phobia of his patients, being unable to empathise with their whining - which drives him to drink while on duty.
Cha Hong-do (Choi Kang-hee) is a bright, confident and opinionated woman, whose uncontrollable blushing has left her with crippling sociophobia and caused her to drop out from high-school. She ventures outside her home only when shielded by a helmet and works under disguise as an old grandmother. She nurses a crush of seven years on the kind detective Jang Doo-soo (Lee Jae-yoon) and expresses her feelings by secretly delivering food to his doorstep with notes.
A chance hearing of Doo-soo's blind-date arrangements and upon reading Yi-seok's book, Hong-do is spurred and encouraged to approach Yi-seok's clinic for treatment, so that she can speak to Doo-soo freely face-to-face. A disastrous first encounter leads to Hong-do mistakenly accusing Yi-seok of murder and ends with Yi-seok discovering his phobia disappears when Hong-do is around, while she uncovers his vulnerable side hidden underneath the swagger.
Mutual dependency forces the two to work together, and both slowly realise how beneficial their companionship is to each other. His skill as a psychiatrist allows her real self to blossom into the open, while her inner strength and steadfastness helps him overcome his hidden insecurities.
Entanglements arise when Doo-soo belatedly realises his own feelings for Hong-do and begins to pursue her actively, throwing a spanner into the budding relationship. To complicate things further, Yi-seok's sister Go Se-ro (Ahn So-hee) falls for Doo-soo. Things come to a head for the couple when the Go family's dark past begins to unravel and threatens to drive a nail into the coffin of their bond.
- Choi Kang-hee as Cha Hong-do/Oh Young-rae
- Heo Jung-eun as young Hong-do
- Chun Jung-myung as Go Yi-seok
- Nam Da-reum as young Yi-seok
- Lee Jae-yoon as Jang Doo-soo
- Ahn So-hee as Go Se-ro, Yi-seok's sister
- Joo Hyun as Go Sang-gyu, Yi-seok's grandfather
- Kim Ki-bang as Detective Yang
- Um Hyo-sup as Go Jae-woong, Yi-seok's father
- Jin Hee-kyung as Hwang Moon-sun, Yi-seok's mother
- Hwang Seung-eon as Woo Yeon-woo, Yi-seok's girlfriend
- Seo Yi-sook as Psychiatrist Uhm Ki-choon
- Choi Moo-sung as Butler Ahn Byung-yeol
- Kim Ae-kyung as Housekeeper Hwang Geum-shim
- Lee Moon-jung as Curator (cameo)
- Lee Bit-na as teenage Cha Hong-do (cameo Ep.1)
- Choi Daniel as Bakery owner (cameo appearance)
- Ryu Hye-young as Lee Eun-ho/Lee Jin-ho
Note: This drama airs on cable channel / pay TV which has a relatively small audience compared to free-to-air TV / public broadcasters (KBS, MBC, SBS, and EBS).
Source: AGB Nielsen Korea (general programming standard ratings)
- Jung, Jin-young (October 22, 2014). "Chun Jung Myung Currently Contemplating on Joining Heart to Heart". enewsWorld. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- Park, Ah-reum (November 3, 2014). "Choi Kang Hee Returns to TV After 2 Years with Heart to Heart". enewsWorld. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- Lee, Ji-young (November 4, 2014). "Chun Jung Myung Confirms Role in Heart to Heart". enewsWorld. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- Jung, Jin-young (October 20, 2014). "Sohee Considers Role in tvN's New Drama Heart to Heart". enewsWorld. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- Sung, So-young (October 21, 2014). "Wonder Girls' An will appear in drama". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved November 8, 2014.
- Kim, Yeon-ji (April 10, 2015). "Kim is back to acting with Heart". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved April 10, 2015.
- Official website (in Korean)
- Heart to Heart at Studio Dragon (in Korean)
- Heart to Heart at Chorokbaem Media (in Korean)
- Heart to Heart at Mega Monster (in Korean)
- Heart to Heart at HanCinema
- Heart to Heart on IMDb
|tvN: Friday–Saturday dramas|
|Previous program||Heart to Heart
(January 9 – March 7, 2015)
|Misaeng: Incomplete Life
(October 17 – December 20, 2014)
|Super Daddy Yeol|
(March 13 – May 2, 2015)