|Genres||Disco, Italo disco, EDM, Electro, Synth-pop|
Heartbreak is a Disco, Italo disco, Electronic, Electro, Synth-pop duo composed of Ali Renault and Sebastian Muravchix. Their music finds its strength through a juxtapose of Renault and Muravchix's respective background in Electro and Italo disco. Using their knowledge of the inner workings of music they created a hybrid genre that "will make the world dance with tears in their eyes, like bi-polar maniacs on the brink of an ecstatic panic attack!"
Heartbreak's debut album Lies was released on the 29 September 2008 on Lex Records.
In honor of their inclusion in the NME Radar Tour Heartbreak compiled a free mixtape available for download. The mixtape featured the likes of The Horrors, Deux and Lucy Montenegro, and was available to listen to online.
The album received mostly positive reviews and was ranked at number 50 on NME's Top 50 Albums Of 2008.
- Queen, Neil (29 August 2008)."Soul Transplant by Heartbreak", The Times. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- Needham, Alex (March 2009). "Heartbreak", Interview 39 (2): 104.
- Heartbreak's Last.fm page. Retrieved on 2009-05-17.
- Samsung NME Radar Tour stars Heartbreak compile free mixtape. Retrieved on 2009-06-18.
- La Roux to headline the 2009 Samsung NME Tour. NME. Retrieved on 2009-04-25.