Hearts in Motion
|Hearts In Motion|
|Studio album by Air Supply|
|Recorded||Record Plant, Bill Schneer Studios, Recorders, Cherokee: CA; Electric Lady: NY. Sound City. 1985-1986.|
|Producer||Bernard Edwards, John Boylan, Clive Davis|
|Air Supply chronology|
Hearts In Motion is the ninth studio album by Australian soft rock band Air Supply released in 1986. The album was a serious step down in the band's popularity. While their previous self-titled album had charted gold, Hearts In Motion did not attain any certification, peaking at #84 on the US charts. The album didn't possess any important single, except for minors "Lonely Is the Night" (#76 in the U.S.), which became a favourite among the band's repertoire, and "One More Chance" (#80).
All songs written by Graham Russell except where noted.
- "It's Not Too Late" – 3:48
- "Lonely Is the Night" (Albert Hammond, Diane Warren) – 4:13 *
- "Put Love in Your Life" – 4:25
- "One More Chance" (Steve George, John Lang, Richard Page) – 3:54 *
- "Stars in Your Eyes" – 3:46
- "My Heart's with You" (Graham Russell, Brian MacLeod, Diane Warren) – 4:34
- "I'd Die for You" – 4:45
- "You're Only in Love" – 4:15
- "Time for Love" (Randy Stern, Anthony La Peau) – 2:46
- "Heart and Soul" – 3:54
- "Hope Springs Eternal" – 4:11
Produced by Bernard Edwards.
(*) Produced by John Boylan.
Produced by Bernard Edwards:
- Bernard Edwards: bass
- Jeff Bova: keyboards, Kurzweil K250 programming
- Eddie Martinez: guitars
- Tony Thompson: drums
- Chris P. Rice: additional guitar on "Put Love In Your Life"
- Michael Gibbs: string arrangement and conductor
- Additional background vocals: Roy Galloway, Phil Perry, Darryl Phinessee, Eddie Martinez
- Additional background vocals on "My Heart's With You": Fonzi Thornton and Bill Ballou
- Engineer: Josh Abbey
- Assistant engineer: Bruce Buchalter at Electric Lady Studios.
- 2nd engineers: Scott Church, Craig Engel, Dan Garcia
- Recording studios: Record Plant (Los Angeles, CA); Bill Schnee Studios (Hollywood, CA); Recorders (Cherokee, CA); Electric Lady Studios (New York, NY).
Produced by John Boylan:
- Michael Botts: percussion
- John Capek: keyboards
- Michael Landau: guitar
- Tim Schmit: additional background vocals
- Engineer: Paul Grupp.
- Assistant engineer: Brett Newman.
- Recording studio: Sound City Studios (Los Angeles, CA).
- Mixing studio: Conway Recording Studios (Hollywood, CA).
- Assistant: Richard McKernan.
- Art direction
- Cover photography: Aaaron Rappaport.
- Stylist: Robert Trachtenberg.
- Naguchi coffee table: Harveys.
- Hair & make-up: Wendy Tamkin.
- Inner sleeve photography: Philip Saltonstall.
- Art direction: Howard Fritzon.