Hearts of Black Science
In the winter of 2005 the two childhood friends Daniel Änghede ( also vocalist in UK - supergroup Crippled Black Phoenix ) and Tomas Almgren met up after Tomas had spent seven years in London and Berlin as a horror director to form a band. In April 2006 the band released a self-financed EP that sold out in just 2 months - and a second EP was released the following month.
The band was signed shortly after the A&R scout from Club AC30 saw them performing their second gig ever at the Water Rats Theatre in London. The debut album The Ghost You Left Behind was released by the London-based label in the spring of 2007. The full-length was accompanied by two singles, Empty City Lights & Driverlights. The follow up, The Star In The Lake, was released on Swedish label Wonderland Records in 2009.
Hearts of Black Science have been touring in the U.K. and BBC radio invited the duo twice to perform live on air on the Gideon Coe and Tom Robinson shows. The two albums have been praised by both international press and their fans, Sweden's - Zero Music Magazine gave the debut 9 / 10 and the follow up 8 / 10. U.S based – Virus Magazine gave it 8 / 10. The Ghost You Left Behind has also been released in Japan as a special edition by Quince Records.
The band released their new EP called " We Saw the Moon " in January 2013 & the " B-Sides & Remixes " digital album in June 2013 collecting their B-sides and hard to find remixes along with several unreleased tracks.
In late 2013 / early 2014 the band will release their third full-length album.
- Daniel Änghede - Vocals, Guitars, Bass
- Tomas Almgren - Keyboards, Programming, Beats
- The Ghost You Left Behind 2007 ( Club AC30 )
- The Star In the Lake 2009 ( Wonderland Records )
- TBA 2013
- The Black EP 2006 ( Self released )
- The White EP 2006 ( Self released )
- We Saw the Moon EP 2013 ( Self released )
- Empty City Lights 2007 ( Club AC30 )
- Driverlights 2007 ( Club AC30 )
- Gold & Dust 2009 ( Wonderland Records )