|Author||C. J. Sansom|
|Series||Matthew Shardlake Series|
|2 September 2010|
Heartstone is a historical mystery novel by British author C. J. Sansom. It is Sansom's sixth novel, and the fifth in the Matthew Shardlake Series. Set in the 16th century during the reign of King Henry VIII, the events of the novel take place in the summer of 1545. Shardlake and his assistant Barak travel to Portsmouth on a legal case given to them by an old servant of Queen Catherine Parr. The book also concerns preparations for the Battle of the Solent and the King's warship, the Mary Rose.
An abridged audiobook on CD, narrated by Anton Lesser, was released by Macmillan Digital Audio in 2010. An unabridged audiobook, nearly 23 hours of narration performed by Steven Crossley, was released in 2011.
Awards and honors
- "Fantastic Fiction". Retrieved 19 September 2010.
- Wilson, Laura (2010-09-18). "Heartstone". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 September 2010.
- Atkinson, Kate (2010-09-17). "Material Witness". Retrieved 19 September 2010.
- MDA 2250
- "Shardlake:Heartstone". BBC. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "Walter Scott historical fiction shortlist announced". BBC news. 1 April 2011. Retrieved 12 Jun 2011.
|This article about a crime novel of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This article about a biographical novel of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|