From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up heathen in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Heathen (plural heathens, collectively heathenry, adjective heathen) refers to someone who does not follow one of the major world religions, and who may or may not specify any other religious affiliation. More specific meanings include:
- A pagan, someone who does not follow one of the Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Islam, and Judaism); the most common meaning
- Someone who does not follow any of the world's major organized religions; see List of religious populations
- An adherent of Heathenry (new religious movement) (also known as Heathenism or Germanic neopaganism) in particular; often capitalized in this context
- Any adherent of neopaganism more generally
- Heathen (band), a North American thrash metal band
- Heathen (David Bowie album), 2002 album by David Bowie
- Heathen (Thou album), 2014 album by Thou
- Heathen, an album by Wyrd
- Heathen (film), by Ross Shepherd
- "The Heathen", a short story by Jack London
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Heathen.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.