This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1958 (age 60)|
Heather Mitchell (born 1958) is an Australian actress, appearing in Australian productions of Stage, television and film. She is a graduate of NIDA (National Institute of Dramatic Art). She is best known as the lead-actress in the 1990s television show – Spellbinder.
Mitchell is well known for her performance as "Ashka" in the Australian/Polish co-productions of Spellbinder, and Spellbinder: Land of the Dragon Lord. The series was a popular children's fantasy program first broadcast in 1995.
Other television series include: Five Mile Creek, the miniseries Bodyline (1984), I Can't Get Started (1985), Land Of Hope (1986) as Helen Davies (10 episodes), Embassy and A Country Practice. In 1998, she starred in the miniseries drama The Day of the Roses, in which she played a victim of the 1977 Granville railway disaster. She also appeared in episode 1.5 of Rake (2010).
Mitchell starred in Cody I: A Family Affair (1994), Cody II: Bad Love (1994), Cody III: The Tipoff (1994), Cody VI: The Wrong Stuff (1994).
Films in which she appeared, include:
- Malcolm (1986),
- The Place at the Coast (1987),
- The Everlasting Secret Family (1988),
- Proof (1991),
- Thank God He Met Lizzie (1997),
- Seven Deadly Sins (1993),
- Muriel's Wedding (1994),
- Children of the Revolution (1996),
- A Little Bit of Soul (1998),
- The Love of Lionel's Life (2000),
- On the Beach (2000),
- Black And White (2002),
- Travelling Light (2003),
- The Brush-Off (2004),
- Irresistible (2006),
- Rogue (2007),
- Griff the Invisible (2011),
- The Great Gatsby (2013)
- Maya the Bee Movie (2014)
Theatre productions include The White Devil (August 2000), Bye Bye Birdie (March 2001).
Mitchell played Hamlet's mother Gertrude in Bell Shakespeare's Hamlet at the Playhouse, Arts Centre, Melbourne, in July 2008. In July to August 2011 she appeared in the Belvoir St Theatre's, Neighbourhood Watch. In 2017 she played Edward and Betty in the Sydney Theatre Company production of Caryl Churchill's Cloud Nine directed by Kip Williams.
Heather took the leading role of Elvira in the 1976 school drama production of Noël Coward's Hay Fever.
- "Reviews". Youthcentral.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 2014-03-16.
- "Neighbourhood Watch, Productions | Belvoir St Theatre". Belvoir.com.au. 2011-08-28. Retrieved 2014-03-16.
- "Superb Production of Cloud Nine". TheAustralian.com.au. 2017-07-10. Retrieved 2017-07-16.
|This article about an Australian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|