|Representing Great Britain|
Heather Monro (born 4 September 1971) was the second British female[note 1] orienteer to win a world championship medal. She came 5th at the World Orienteering Championships in 2001. At the 2003 World Orienteering Championships she was the highest placed British Female coming Fourteenth place over the 11.8 km race. At the 2005 World Orienteering Championships she took the bronze medal in the sprint distance. She also came third at the World Games in the same year.
- Yvette Hague was the first British orienteer to win a world championship medal.
- http://www.uksport.gov.uk/news/519/ Retrieved 16 June 2008
- http://www.uksport.gov.uk/news/1532/ Retrieved 16 June 2008
- http://www.sportingchampions.org.uk/sc2/champions_profile.php?champion_id=46 Retrieved 16 June 2008
- "GB Orienteering Squad member Heather Monro wins Super Elite at O-Ringen". trymysport.co.uk. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- "Athlete Support". britishorienteering.org.uk. Retrieved 12 January 2009.