|Single by AC/DC|
|from the album Blow Up Your Video|
"Snake Eye" (12"-vinyl and 3"-CD only)
|Released||11 January 1988 |
|Format||7 inch, 12 inch, CD|
|Recorded||August – September 1987;
in Correns of Le Val, France
|Label||Albert Productions, Atlantic Records|
|Producer(s)||Harry Vanda, George Young|
|AC/DC singles chronology|
"Heatseeker" is a song by Australian hard rock band AC/DC. The song appeared on their 1988 album Blow Up Your Video as the first track. The song was later on Live. The song was also released as a single in various formats, with "Go Zone" as the main B-side. On reaching No.12 in the UK singles chart in 1988, it became their biggest UK chart hit and remained so for 25 years until Highway to Hell reached No.4 in December 2013.
|12 inch Vinyl and 3 inch CD|
In the music video, directed by David Mallet, Angus Young explodes from a life-sized television set. He throws his hat, and it lands on a switch, causing it to flip. An intercontinental ballistic missile is launched, and on the screen is film footage of the Strategic Air Command in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. The missile becomes a cruise missile, and travels across the world, whereupon it finally crashes into the Opera House in Sydney, during an AC/DC concert. Angus explodes out of the giant missile's warhead and does a guitar solo. At the end, Angus heads back into the missile's nose cone and leaves.
|German Singles Chart ||26|
|UK Singles Chart||12|
- Brian Johnson – vocals
- Angus Young – lead guitar
- Malcolm Young – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Cliff Williams – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Simon Wright – drums
- Discogs - Heatseeker - 1988-01-11th 12"-vinyl, Albert Productions (ED 325) Australasia
- mvdbase.com – AC/DC – "Heatseeker"
- "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche". musicline.de. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|