Heaven's on Fire
|"Heaven's on Fire"|
|Single by Kiss|
|from the album Animalize|
|B-side||"Lonely Is the Hunter"|
|Released||15 September 1984 (U.S.)|
|Recorded||Right Track Studios, |
New York City: 1984
|Label||Mercury 880 205-7 (US)|
|Songwriter(s)||Paul Stanley, Desmond Child|
|Kiss singles chronology|
"Heaven's on Fire" is a song by the American rock band Kiss. Written by vocalist/guitarist Paul Stanley and songwriter Desmond Child, it was the first single released from the group's 1984 album Animalize.
Released as a single internationally in 1984, "Heaven's on Fire" charted in several countries, even though it failed to reach the top ten in any of the countries where it was released as a single. It did reach #11 on Billboard's Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks and #49 on the Billboard Hot 100. In addition, the song is one of only a select few from the bands' non-makeup era that has been performed live after the band returned to wearing makeup.
A video for the single was filmed and played on MTV, and was directed by David Lewis and produced by John Weaver. It marked the only official promotional performance of the band with lead guitarist Mark St. John before he left the group due to problems in his hands caused by a painful, but temporary, form of arthritis called reactive arthritis. St. John would be replaced shortly afterwards by Bruce Kulick.
A live version of the song was recorded at Cobo Hall on December 8, 1984 as part of the Kiss: Animalize Live Uncensored video, and was later released on the Hear 'n Aid album. It is one of only three live tracks with longtime drummer Eric Carr that Kiss has ever officially released. The other two are "Talk To Me" and "New York Groove".
- Paul Stanley – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Gene Simmons – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Eric Carr – drums, backing vocals
- Mark St. John – lead guitar
Desmond Child - backing vocals
- KISSology - Kiss | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic, retrieved 2021-03-24
- September 23, Matthew WilkeningPublished:; 2020. "10 Worst Kiss Songs". Ultimate Classic Rock. Retrieved 2021-04-10.
and hair metal with '80s hits such as "Heaven's on Fire"CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link) CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- KISS singles history Archived 2006-05-07 at Archive.today
- International Chart History
- "Billboard singles chart history-Kiss". Retrieved February 18, 2009.
- KISS Video Information