Heaven Variant was a horizontal scrolling shooter video game formerly being developed by Zanrai Interactive. The game received positive attention prior to its release for bearing similarities to the critically acclaimed scrolling shooter Einhander. Confirming this in an interview with the Gaming Irresponsibly blog, Jason Koohi said that "the inspiration definitely comes from games like Einhander, the Thunder Force series, and the R-Type series."
The game has since been canceled, and its soundtrack has been made available for free on the game's webpage.
- "The Team". Zanrai.com. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "FAQ". Zanrai.com. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "...Just PC for now, though if that's successful other platforms are possible." (tweet). Twitter. 29 April 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Heaven Variant Has a Touch of Einhander". Digitalmonkeybox.com. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- Extra Guy. "Heaven Variant trailer is lovely". Extraguy.com. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- Danny Cowan (2012-02-13). "The Weblog Trailer: Heaven Variant". IndieGames.com. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- Posted by Josh Knowles. "Interview with Jason Koohi of Zanrai Interactive <<". Gaming Irresponsibly. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "FAQ". Zanrai.com. Retrieved 2013-10-07.
|This scrolling shooter article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|