Type of site
|Available in||English, Spanish|
|Alexa rank||2,419 (April 2016[update])|
|Launched||September 23, 1998|
Heavy.com is a news and information website based in New York City. Founded in 1999 as an entertainment website by Simon Assaad and David Carson, the site switched to hard news and popular information content in 2012. Heavy.com is now ranked among the top 800 U.S. websites in traffic by analytics firm Alexa. The site is owned by Heavy Inc., which also owns the Spanish-language news site Ahoramismo.com. Assaad is the CEO of Heavy Inc.
Heavy.com is self-described as "a real-time news and information portal", and, on its site, claims to reach "35 million unique visitors per month". Since its pivot to news in 2012 – with subject categories listed as news, sports, entertainment, tech, and gaming – the site has become known for its signature news format, "5 Fast Facts You Need to Know." 
- "Heavy.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- Saul Hansell (2006-03-27). "A Web Site So Hip It Gets Laddies to Watch the Ads". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-01-11.
- "About Heavy". Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "Heavy.com Traffic, Demographics and Competitors - Alexa". Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- Cleary, Tom (2016-09-19). "Officer Betty Shelby: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". Heavy.com. Retrieved 2017-01-11.
- Gathman, Roger (2002-03-01). "SXSW: Behind the Web Site That Works: Heavy.com's wicked humor and winning strategy - Screens". The Austin Chronicle. Retrieved 2017-01-11.
- Gathman, Roger (March 1, 2002). "Behind the Web Site That Works: Heavy.com's wicked humor and winning strategy". The Austin Chronicle. ISSN 1074-0740. Retrieved 2009-05-14.
- Hansell, Saul (March 27, 2006). "A Web Site So Hip It Gets Laddies to Watch the Ads". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2009-05-14.
- Ives, Nat (May 3, 2005). "The Media Business: Advertising; The latest unconventional vehicle for promotionsis a hand-held media device. Will anyone watch?". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2009-05-14.
- King, Brad (March 25, 2005). "Heavy.com: Behind the Sucks". Wired News. Condé Nast Publications. Retrieved 2009-05-14.