The heavyweight division in mixed martial arts (MMA) generally groups fighters between 205 and 265 lb (93 and 120 kg).
Although many ambiguities exist within the lower weight classes regarding division naming and weight limits, the Heavyweight division is, for the most part, uniform. The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and most other North American MMA organizations such as Bellator MMA, WSOF, and King of the Cage (KOTC) abide by this interpretation to their 206–265 lb athletes as heavyweights. Pancrase's heavyweight division was 199–221 lb (90–100 kg) before being revised to its current 206–265 lb (93–120 kg) total.
This table is not always up to date. Last updated on September 10, 2016.
|UFC||May 14, 2016 as||Stipe Miocic||16-2 (12KO 1SUB)||1|
|WSOF||June 5, 2015||Blagoi Ivanov||14-1 (4KO 6SUB)||2|
|ONE Championship||December 11, 2015||Brandon Vera||14-7 (1) (9KO 1SUB)||0|
- List of current MMA Heavyweight champions
- List of UFC Heavyweight Champions
- List of Strikeforce Heavyweight Champions
- List of Pancrase Heavyweight Champions
- "Nevada Revised Statutes: Chapter 467 - Unarmed Combat". http://www.leg.state.nv.us. Retrieved 2007-02-20. External link in
- "Unified Rules of MMA". Association of Boxing Commissions. Retrieved 2012-07-15.