The heavyweight division in mixed martial arts (MMA) generally groups fighters between 206–265 lb (93.4–120.2 kg).
Although many ambiguities exist within the lowerweight classes regarding division naming and weight limits, the Heavyweight division is, for the most part, uniform. The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and most other North American MMA organizations such as Bellator MMA, WSOF, and King of the Cage (KOTC) abide by this interpretation to their 206–265 lb athletes as heavyweights. Pancrase's heavyweight division was 198.4–220.5 lb (90.0–100.0 kg) before being revised to its current 205–264.5 lb (93.0–120.0 kg).
This table is not always up to date. Last updated on January 21, 2018.
|UFC||May 14, 2016||Stipe Miocic||18-2 (13KO 1SUB)||3|
|PFL||June 5, 2015||Blagoi Ivanov||16-1 (6KO 6SUB)||4|
|ONE Championship||December 11, 2015||Brandon Vera||15-7 (10KO 1SUB)||1|
|KSW||May 27, 2017||Marcin Rozalski||7-4 (4KO 2SUB)||0|
|Road FC||September 24, 2016||Mighty Mo||12-5 (9KO 3SUB)||2|
Most wins in heavyweight title bouts
- Note: the list includes wins in bouts for heavywight titles of major promotions (UFC, Pride, Strikeforce, WEC)
- Note: the list includes both undisputed and interim champions
- Active title reign
|Name||Promotion||Title bout wins|
|6.||Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira||UFC, Pride||3|
Most consecutive defenses of heavyweight title
- List of current MMA Heavyweight champions
- List of UFC Heavyweight Champions
- List of Strikeforce Heavyweight Champions
- List of Pancrase Heavyweight Champions
- List of Road FC Heavyweight Champions
- Nevada State Athletic Commission. "Nevada Revised Statutes: Chapter 467 - Unarmed Combat". Retrieved 9 May 2017.
- "Unified Rules of MMA". Association of Boxing Commissions. Archived from the original on 2012-07-05. Retrieved 2012-07-15.