|Directed by||S. Krishna|
|Written by||Siri (dialogues)|
|Story by||S. Krishna|
|Music by||Arjun Janya|
|Edited by||Deepu S. Kumar|
|Distributed by||Jack Manjunath (Mysore Talkies)|
|Box office||₹20 crore|
Hebbuli (English: strong ferocious Tiger) is a 2017 Kannada action film directed by S. Krishna. The film features Sudeep and V. Ravichandran, teaming up for the second time after Maanikya (2014).It was dubbed into Hindi as same name under goldmine telefilm ptv ltd. Amala Paul, making her debut in Kannada cinema, in the lead roles.
Produced by SRV Productions, the film has cinematography by A. Karunakar. The soundtrack and film score are composed by Arjun Janya. The principal photography commenced in Bangalore mid June 2016, continuing in Hyderabad, Jammu-Kashmir and Iceland.
The story begins with Captain Ram ( Sudeep ) performing a rescue operation rescuing 3 doctors including Dr. Nandini (Amala paul). Nandini falls in love with him but is not able to express it. Meanwhile, another doctor named Harish (Chikkanna) has a crush on Nandini. One night Ram receives a letter stating his brother IAS officer Krishnamurthy ( Ravichandran ) is dead. He arrives at bangalore and then searches for clues because the view was of suicide but Ram believes it is a murder. He is right and how he solves the case and kills his brother's killers is the epic climax of this epic movie.
- Sudeep as Ram, a Para Commando Officer
- V. Ravichandran as Sathya Moorthy, a IAS Officer & brother of Ram
- Amala Paul as Nandini
- Kabir Duhan Singh as Kabeer
- P. Ravi Shankar as Arasikere Anjanappa
- Ravi Kishan as Amruth Shah
- Ravi Kale as Chief Officer
- Avinash as ACP Prathap
- Chikkanna as Sundara
- Kalyani as Anuradha Sathya Moorthy (As Satya's wife)
- Anil Kumar as suspect
- Sanjeev Sarovar as school teacher
After having roped in Sudeep to play the protagonist, director cast P. Ravi Shankar to play a negative role opposite Sudeep. Since the plot required a parallel male lead to play the brother role to Sudeep, director approached actor V. Ravichandran to play the character and finalized him. Actress Amala Paul who was on the lookout for a fresh script in Kannada was signed on to play the female lead role. For the other antagonist roles, Sampath Raj, Kabir Duhan Singh and finally Ravi Kishan were selected.
This section's factual accuracy is disputed. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The film released on 23 February 2017 in over 500 screens across the country, making it the Kannada cinema's biggest ever release.
|Soundtrack album by Arjun Janya|
|Released||25 December 2016|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
Arjun Janya has scored the soundtrack and score for the film. A total of six songs including one theme song were composed by him. The audio was officially released on 25 December 2016 at Davangere in the presence of the cast and crew. The songs were leaked before Audio Launch. Music label, Zee Music acquired the audio rights of the movie making it the firm's first ever Kannada project.
|1.||"Hulli Hulli"||Chethan||Siddharth Basrur|
|2.||"Sundari"||Santhosh Naik||Vijay Prakash, Anuradha Bhat|
|3.||"Usire Usire"||Kaviraj||Shaan, Shreya Ghoshal|
|4.||"Devare"||Harsha Priya||Armaan Malik|
|5.||"Yennenu Soda"||Santhosh Naik||Rajesh Krishnan, Vijay Prakash|
|6.||"Hebbuli Theme"||Jack Style, Arunraja Kamaraj|
- Hebbuli 1st day box office collection: Sudeep's film gets fantastic opening. Ibtimes.co.in (23 February 2017). Retrieved on 2017-06-17.
- Hebbuli box office collection: Sudeep's film ends its 1st weekend on a high note. Ibtimes.co.in (27 February 2017). Retrieved on 2017-06-17.
- Sharadhaa, A. "After Gajakesari, S Krishna to Make Hebbuli". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- "Guess Who Is Sudeep's Brother In 'Hebbuli'?". Filmibeat. 24 February 2016.
- Karthik, Janani (21 April 2016). "Amala Paul to make her Kannada debut with Sudeep's film". Times Of India. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- "Bhojpuri Actor Ravi Kishan in Kannada with Hebbuli – Exclusive". Chitraloka. 24 April 2016.
- "Biggest-ever release for Sudeep's Hebbuli". The Times of India. 6 February 2017. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "Hebbuli Unplugged". The New Indian Express. 23 December 2016.
- "Hebbuli Music Rights Sold For A Whopping Amount". Filmibeat.com. 23 February 2017.