|Region||Mid Jutland (Midtjylland)|
|• Mayor||Kirsten Terkilsen|
|Time zone||Central Europe Time (UTC+1)|
Hedensted is a Danish town in Region Midtjylland and the seat of Hedensted Municipality. Its population, including its northern neighbouring town Løsning, is 11,355. The municipality as a whole has a population of 45,715 (1 January 2014).
The oldest and one of the most important buildings in the town is the local church (Hedensted Kirke), built around 1175. It is especially noted for its early murals showing Christ, St. Peter, and St. Paul.
Hedensted had the benefits of a railway station until it was closed down in the 1970s. However, in 2005 a new station was opened on roughly the same spot.
- Johannes Carl Andersen (1873 in Klakring – 1962) a New Zealand clerk, poet, ethnologist, librarian, editor and historian
- Jens Jacob Bregnø (1877 in Hedensted – 1946) a Danish sculptor and ceramics designer
- Margrethe Hald (1897 in Neder Vrigsted – 1982) a Danish textile historian and a curator at the National Museum of Denmark
- Paul Hüttel (born 1935 in Hedensted) a Danish actor, appearing in over 50 films and TV shows since 1960
- Henrik Lundgaard (born 1969 in Hedensted) a Danish rally driver
- Sarah Paulsen (born 1987 in Hedensted) a Danish handball player who plays for Viborg HK
- Christian Lundgaard (born 2001 in Hedensted) a Danish racing driver and reigning SMP F4 champion
Media related to Hedensted at Wikimedia Commons