|Location||Negril, Westmoreland, Jamaica|
|Number of rooms||280|
|Number of restaurants||5|
|Location||Rutland Point, Westmoreland, Jamaica|
|Owner||Harry W. Lange|
|Management||PB & J Resorts|
|Number of rooms||280|
|Number of suites||15|
Hedonism II is an adults only vacation resort in Jamaica, owned and operated by Marshmallow Ltd, headed by Harry Lange. The resort has areas reserved for naturism and it is known for its sexually liberal culture; children are not allowed at the resorts. As of 2012[update], only Hedonism II is in operation. There was never a Hedonism I, and Hedonism III closed in 2010.
Hedonism II opened in 1976 as "Negril Beach Village" and was given its current name in 1982; it was built by the Government of Jamaica at a cost of $10 million. and it occupies 22 acres (89,000 m2) at the northern end of Negril beach and has 280 rooms in two-story buildings. A 50% interest in the hotel was bought by the SuperClubs in 1989. a unit of the Government of Jamaica, for $12.25 million. In November 2012, the resort was sold to Marshmallow Ltd headed by Harry Lange with a minority stock held by the Issa family and Kevin Levee, a 28-year employee of SuperClubs and its current general manager.
Hedonism III opened in 1999 in Runaway Bay, it was built on 10 acres (40,000 m2) and contained 225 rooms in 3-story buildings; on May 12, 2010 the company announced that Hedonism III would close, temporarily, in August 2010 to allow for remodeling work: it reopened on October 14, 2010, as SuperFun Beach Resort and Spa catering to a wider market through additional tour operators, however SuperFun Beach Resort entered receivership in March 2011 and closed in June 2011. While it was an adult-only resort, SuperFun did not allow topless or nude sunbathing but charged premium liquor prices and motorized water sports; the property was leased to SuperClubs by the Development Bank of Jamaica., the hotel's first-ranked secured lenders are Caribbean Development Bank, PanCaribbean, and Development Bank of Jamaica.
The resort lives up to its reputation mostly during those periods - notably January - when tour companies, catering to swingers, book huge blocks of rooms.
Public nudity is illegal in Jamaica, but the laws are not enforced and may not apply inside the private resort. A nude wedding of eight couples in 2001 at Hedonism III caused protests by the government tourist office and radio talk show hosts, who called the event "improper and offensive." In February 2003, 29 couples were involved in another round of nude weddings at the Hedonism III; Hedonism resorts host nudist and swingers conventions: it has been alleged that open sex is common, including in the hot tubs at night, however the SuperClubs owner John Issa, said that he was not aware of this.
Issa also declared that he was not running a "whorehouse" and that, to his knowledge, "whores are not working" in his Hedonism hotels; and sued two employees of Unique Vacations in Miami, Florida, over e-mails sent in 2007 and 2008 which - he claimed - contained "defamatory statements" about activities at Hedonism Resorts  seeking damages of an unspecified amount, for what he feels are false and malicious statements.
Issa stated that he feels satisfied with Hedonism's image of decadence and debauchery  and is satisfied with the idea, expressed on his website, that " When it's good it's oh so good and when it's bad it's even better and yes, everything you ever heard is true ". John Issa was also alleged to have promoted bisexual activities at Hedonism III.
In popular culture
- In the "Dwight's Speech" episode of The Office, Kevin Malone suggests that Jim Halpert go to Hedonism for a vacation. He describes it as "like Club Med, but everything is naked."
- In 2010, comedian Daniel Tosh of Tosh.0 lampooned the antics of “Hedo Rick” in a viral video that featured an aging patron of Hedonism II parading in a speedo and promoting the wild women and sexual nature of the resort.
- In season 2, episode 10 of the show Workaholics, the main characters scramble to have a fake passport made for Blake in an effort to spend their Thanksgiving at Hedonism II.
- Hedonism has appeared several times since 2014 in Naked News.
- "Hedonism II Resort in Jamaica – Review of Unique All-Inclusive Vacation Spot". Splash Magazine. Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- Negril is Jamaican Jewel, Boca Raton News, Feb 5, 1978 page 23
- "JAMAICA GOVERNMENT OF, Form 18-K, Filing Date Apr 27, 2005". secdatabase.com. Retrieved May 15, 2018.
- "finsac news and releases". finsac.com.
- Collinder, Avia (2012-11-09). "SuperClubs selling Hedonism II hotel". The Gleaner. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "Issa to sell Hedonism II". The Gleaner. November 8, 2012. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
-  Archived July 17, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Former Hedonism III hotel is up for sale, Jamaica Gleaner, March 11, 2011
- Racy Resort Faces Dearth of Hedonists, The Wall Street Journal, May 19, 2010 page C8
- Mass Nude Wedding at Hedonism III
- "Oral sex, orgies at Hedonism II, guest tells travel site". Jamaica Observer. March 8, 2010.
- "Issa lawsuit: Attorney alleges open sex in the hot tub every night". Jamaica Observer. May 9, 2010.
- "Issa lawsuit: Attorney alleges open sex in the hot tub every night". Jamaica Observer. November 1, 2009.
- "I'm not running a whorehouse,' Issa tells court". Jamaica Observer. October 11, 2009.
- "Issa satisfied with Hedonism's image of decadence and debauchery". April 10, 2011.
- "Hedonism invites guests to be wicked for a week". June 12, 2011.
- "'Wild Women Vacation' promoted bisexual party at Hedonism". Jamaica Observer. 18 April 2011. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- Arbitration and Mediation Center (3 September 2009). "WIPO Domain Name Decision: D2009-0974". wipo.int.
- "The Office Quotes (NBC) - Season 2 - Dwight's Speech". theofficequotes.com.
- "SWINGER BLOG - Stories about sex and the swinger lifestyle". The Swingers Blog.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hedonism resorts.|