|Born||Heather Elizabeth Burress
1973/1974 (age 41–42)
Edwardsville, Illinois, U.S.
|Alma mater||Millikin University|
Heather Elizabeth "Hedy" Burress is an American actress. She had a starring role in the film Foxfire as Maddy, and later landed roles in television shows Boston Common and E.R.. In the video game world, she is best known as the English voice of leading character Yuna in Final Fantasy X and its sequel Final Fantasy X-2.
Life and career
She made her film debut in the 1996 film Foxfire, starring opposite Angelina Jolie and Peter Facinelli. Burress auditioned for the role of Dorothy Wheeler in the motion picture Valentine, but the role went to Jessica Capshaw. However, director Jamie Blanks still wanted Burress to star in the film. During a meeting, they looked each other in the eye and both said, "Ruthie", resulting in Burress having the role of Ruthie Walker.
In television, she co-starred in the short-lived NBC sitcom Boston Common and has made many guest appearances in various television shows. Hedy Burress was a recurring cast member in the final season of the acclaimed medical drama E.R.. She then went on to become a recurring cast member of the acclaimed police drama Southland.
Burress performs many voice-over roles. She is best is known by video game players as the English voice actress of Yuna in the PlayStation 2 games Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2, and reprised the role in Kingdom Hearts II and Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy.
|1996||If These Walls Could Talk||Linda Barrows||Television film|
|1997||Any Mother's Son||Kathy||Television film|
|1998||Getting Personal||Melissa Parks|
|1998||Los años bárbaros||Kathy|
|1999||Swing Vote||Television film|
|2000||Cabin by the Lake||Mallory||Television film|
|2000||Tick Tock||Anne Avery|
|2001||Looking for Bobby D||Belinda||Short film|
|2002||Bug||Roy - Chicken Eater|
|2003||The Animatrix||Cis (segment "Program")
Yoko (segment "Beyond") (voice)
|2004||Open House||Gloria Hibbs|
|2004||The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury||Lab Tech (voice)||Direct-to-video|
|2004||Silver Lake||Julie Patterson||Television film|
|2005||The Reality Trap||Cindy|
|2006||Round it Goes||Women #2||Short film|
|2008||Jane Doe: Eye of the Beholder||Joanne Nagle||Television film|
|2009||He's Just Not That Into You||Laura|
|2009||What Happens in Encino||Wendy||Short film|
|2009||Everything Happens in Black in White||Women||Short film|
|2010||Elevator Girl||Tessa||Television film|
|1996||Seduced by Madness: The Diane Borchardt Story||Brooke Borchardt||mini-series |
|1996–1997||Boston Common||Wyleen Pritchett||32 episodes|
|1998||The Closer||Alex McLaren||10 episodes|
|1998||Working||Dawn||Episode: "A Boy, a Girl, and his Bird"|
|1998||Profiler||Virginia 'Ginny' Tibbet||Episode: "Home for the Homicide"|
|2000||Chicken Soup for the Soul||Katie||Episode: "Father"|
|2000||DAG||Susan Cole||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2001||Gideon's Crossing||Money Raspberry Dupree||6 episodes|
|2002||First Monday||Ellie Pearson||13 episodes|
|2003||Ninja Scroll: The Series||Sen (voice)||Episode: "Amayodori"|
|2004||Cold Case||Janet Lambert||Episode: "Mind Hunters"|
|2004||House M.D.||Jill||Episode: "Maternity"|
|2007||Unfabulous||Cruise Director Tammy||2 episodes|
|2008||Eli Stone||Felicia Swain||Episode: "Father Figure"|
|2008||Saving Grace||Jack Fielding's aunt||Episode: "Are You an Indian Princess"|
|2009||ER||Joanie Moore||4 episodes|
|2009–2011, 2013||Southland||Laurie Cooper||8 episodes|
|2010||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Julianne Torse||Episode: "Take My Life, Please"|
|2010||The Closer||Melanie Ryder||Episode: "The Big Bang"|
|2010||Lie to Me||Steph Salinger||Episode: "In the Red"|
|2011||Detroit 1-8-7||Shayna Wilkins||Episode: "Road to Nowhere"|
|2011||Curious George||Teacher (voice)||Episode: "Follow That Boat/Windmill Monkey"|
|2012||Criminal Minds||Samantha Allen||Episode: "Foundation"|
|2012||Common Law||Suzanne||Episode: "Role Play"|
|2013||Perception||Ellen Resnick||Episode: "Alienation"|
|2014||Shameless||Doctor||Episode: "Iron City"|
|2001||Final Fantasy X||Yuna, Fayth (Anima)|
|2003||Final Fantasy X-2||Yuna|
|2003||Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic||Various|
|2005||Kingdom Hearts II||Yuna|
|2006||Project Sylpheed||Sandra Redbird|
|2008||Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions||Agrias Oaks|
|2008||Valkyria Chronicles||Brigitte "Rosie" Stark|
|2009||Terminator Salvation||Resistance Soldier|
|2010||Valkyria Chronicles 2||Chloe Bixen/Brigitte "Rosie" Stark|
|2011||Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy||Yuna|
|2012||Final Fantasy XIII-2||Various|
- "Hedy Burress Biography (1973-)". filmreference.com. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Don't Hate Her Because She's Lucky". latimes. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "'Boston Common' Less Than Ordinary". latimes. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Off-key world, on-target musical". latimes. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Being a normal family is a tough act to pull off". latimes. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "'Orpheus,' 'Shaggs,' 'Gem' in the circle". latimes. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Sister, Mom at his door". latimes. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- Green, Kristen, and Steele, Jeanette, "Reservists on training mission; one injured", 22 July 2004, The San Diego Union-Tribune, San Diego, California.
- "Rebellion in 'Foxfire' Loses Impact in Leap to the '90s". latimes. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Gay bashing reveals a mom's love on Lifetime; TBS' whale time; Elvis meets Nixon on Showtime". latimes. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "'Cabin by the Lake' Built on Soggy Ground". latimes. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "The Old College Try : Anthony Clark is working his hardest to help 'Boston Common' make the grade. So far, for him and the sitcom, the results have been first-class.". latimes. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- Project Sylpheed beginning of closing credits