St. Stephanus church
|Population (1 January 2015)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Heel ( pronunciation (help·info)) is a town in the southeastern Netherlands. It has been a part of the municipality of Maasgouw since January 1, 2007. Before, it was a separate municipality covering Heel, Panheel, Beegden and Wessem. Before 1991, the official name of the municipality was Heel en Panheel. In pre-Roman times, this was the location of the Gallic town of Catualium.
Major cities in the surrounding areas are;
- Roermond (Northeast, 10 kilometers)
- Maastricht (South, 45 kilometers)
- Eindhoven (Northwest, 50 kilometers)
Born in Heel
Living in Heel
- Jesse Huta Galung (1985), tennis player
- Willems, W.J.H. (1994). "Die villa rustica von Voerendaal (NL) und die ländliche Besiedlung". S.K. Palägy (ed.),Forschungen und Ergebnisse. Internationale Tagung über römische Villen. 3 (May): 116–23. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
|This Dutch Limburg location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|