Location of Heeney in Summit County, Colorado.
|Elevation||8,045 ft (2,452 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
Heeney is a census-designated place in northern Summit County, Colorado, United States. The population as of the 2010 Census was 76. It is situated on the hillside along the west side of Green Mountain Reservoir, in the valley of the Blue River, between Kremmling and Silverthorne. It is accessible by a county road from State Highway 9. The community consists of a cluster of vacation homes and permanent residences perched above the reservoir, which is a destination for recreational boating and fishing. The businesses of the town include a liquor/bait and tackle store oriented towards sportsmen. The U.S. Post Office at Silverthorne (ZIP Code 80498) now serves Heeney postal addresses.
Heeney is located at(39.872331,-106.300449).
This climate type is dominated by the winter season, a long, bitterly cold period with short, clear days, relatively little precipitation mostly in the form of snow, and low humidity. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Heeney has a subarctic climate, abbreviated "Dfc" on climate maps.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Colorado Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-02-25.
- "Post offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- Dawson, John Frank. Place names in Colorado: why 700 communities were so named, 150 of Spanish or Indian origin. Denver, CO: The J. Frank Dawson Publishing Co. p. 26.
- Climate Summary for Heeney, Colorado
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.