Heerde town hall
Location in Gelderland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Inez Pijnenburg (VVD)|
|• Total||80.42 km2 (31.05 sq mi)|
|• Land||78.75 km2 (30.41 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.67 km2 (0.64 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||236/km2 (610/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Area code||038, 0578|
Heerde ( pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality and a town in the eastern Netherlands. Compared to the rest of the Netherlands, Heerde is fairly religious, as are many of the towns and cities in the Veluwe region.
The municipal council consists of 17 seats, which have been divided as follows since 2014:
- CU-SGP - 4 seats
- CDA - 4 seats
- Municipal Interest Farmers Party Heerde - 3 seats
- VVD - 2 seats
- PvdA - 2 seats
- D66-GL - 2 seats
The municipality has five amateur soccer clubs: vv Heerde, SEH, WZC Wapenveld, vv Wapenveld and Vevo.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Heerde, June 2015.
- Jacco Eltingh (born 1970 in Heerde), tennis player
- Gerard van Velde (born 1971 in Wapenveld), speed skater
- Toine Rorije (born 1974 in Heerde), football player (played for Go Ahead Eagles and F.C. Groningen)
- "Burgemeester W.R.J.M. Pijnenburg-Adriaenssen" [Mayor W.R.J.M. Pijnenburg-Adriaenssen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Heerde. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 8181JE". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|