|Region of origin||India|
Hegde or Hegade is a surname from coastal Karnataka in India which is found in different communities and castes. It is found among Hindus of the Vokkaliga, Bunt community, Brahmins and Jains. The name derives from the Old Kannada word Pergade which means chief.
The following is a list of notable people with last name Hegde.
- Belle Monappa Hegde, Indian medical scientist, educationist and author
- K. S. Hegde, former Speaker of the Lok Sabha
- N. Santosh Hegde, former justice of the Supreme Court Of India
- Pakhi Hegde, Indian actress
- Pooja Hegde, Indian model and actress
- Ganesh Hegde, choreographer
- Ramakrishna Hegde, Indian politician
- Satya Hegde, cinematographer
- Sanjith Hegde, Indian singer and songwriter
- Tanvi Hegde, Indian actress
- Samyuktha Hegde, Indian Actress
- "Hegde Family History". Oxford University Press. Dictionary of American Family Names ©2013, Oxford University Press.