Hegelian Dialectic (The Book of Revelation)
(The Book of Revelation)
|Studio album by|
|Released||January 20, 2017|
|Genre||Political hip hop, conscious hip hop|
|Label||Infamous Records RED|
|Singles from Hegelian Dialectic (The Book of Revelation)|
Hegelian Dialectic (The Book of Revelation) is the fifth and final studio album by American rapper Prodigy. The album was released on January 20, 2017 through Infamous Records. The first single from the album was "Tyranny", which was released in February 2016.
Production for the album came from Beat Butcha, Budgie Beats, Jordan Reid, Knxwledge, The Alchemist among others. Ca$h Bilz was the only featured guest appearance on the album. Hegelian Dialectic was recorded and mixed by Joe the Engine Ear. It was the last album to be released during his lifetime prior to his death in June 2017, which was caused by accidental asphyxiation. The album was intended to be the first in a series of three albums he planned to release over the course of several months, with the two sequels entitled The Book of Heroine and The Book of the Dead.
The album is name after the philosophical concept Hegelian dialectic. It is an argument process explaining the progress of history as being the conflict of ideas, where thesis is followed by counter-thesis and finally by synthesis.  This idea is the logical foundation stone for Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels' theory of history as the history of class struggle where the conditions of societal production develop until the oppressed classes necessarily overthrow the oppressor class.
Hegelian Dialectic received generally positive reviews, with critics praising the new politically driven and socially conscious tone, a notable change from Prodigy's previous work. Adam Seyum of Music Connection gave the album eight out of ten stars, saying "With songs like 'Mystic', 'Tyranny' and 'Spiritual War,' [Prodigy] encourages listeners to open up their third eye and observe 'the system' meticulously."
This section needs expansion with: songwriters. You can help by adding to it. (April 2018)
|3.||"Broken Rappers"||Beat Butcha||2:12|
|5.||"Mafuckin U$A"||Budgie Beats||2:41|
|8.||"New Balance" (Interlude)||0:20|
|10.||"The Good Fight"||Knxwledge||3:05|
|11.||"Mr. President" (Interlude)||0:38|
|12.||"Spiritual War"||Beat Butcha||3:21|
|13.||"No Religion"||Mo Betta||3:29|
|14.||"Hunger Pangs" (featuring Ca$h Bilz)||Mark the Beast||4:07|
- "Prodigy Demands Change in America on 'Maf--kin' U.S.A.': Listen". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
- "Prodigy Gets Philosophic on '(Hegelian Dialectic (The Book of Revelation)' - XXL". XXL Mag. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
- "Hegelian Dialectic (The Book of Revelation)". iTunes. January 20, 2017. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- "Mobb Deep rapper Prodigy died of accidental choking". NY Daily News. Retrieved 2017-08-12.
- "Prodigy - Hegelian Dialectic: The Book Of Revelation [Album Stream]". Street Music Charts. May 2, 2017. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- "Music Album Review: Prodigy of Mobb Deep - "Hegelian Dialectic (The Book of Revelation)"". Music Connection. 2017-03-14. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
|This 2010s hip hop album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|