Heidelberg Heights, Victoria
|Population||6,087 (2016 census)|
|• Density||2,340/km2 (6,060/sq mi)|
|Area||2.6 km2 (1.0 sq mi)|
|Location||11 km (7 mi) from Melbourne|
|LGA(s)||City of Banyule|
Heidelberg Heights is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 11 km north-east of Melbourne's Central Business District. Its local government area is the City of Banyule. At the 2016 Census, Heidelberg Heights had a population of 6,087.
The first Heidelberg Heights Post Office was renamed in 1950 from Heidelberg West (open since 1923) and closed in 1982. In 1983 Heidelberg North office was renamed Heidelberg Heights; this closed in 1993.
In 2012 the City of Banyule acquired the Haig Street Primary School property at 52 Haig Street which had been closed by the Victorian Education Department. A housing development was built by Metricon on the site.
Public library services is provided by Yarra Plenty Regional Library. The nearest libraries are at Ivanhoe and Rosanna.
- City of Heidelberg - Heidelberg Heights was previously within this local government area.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Heidelberg Heights (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2008 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Former School Sites". Banyule City Council. 2019. Retrieved 16 May 2019.
- Full Points Footy, Northern Football League, archived from the original on 9 March 2009, retrieved 15 April 2009 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)