Heidi Baker in one of the Iris Global children's centers
|Born||August 29, 1959|
Laguna Beach, California
|Education||Kings College (PhD)|
|Occupation||President and CEO of Iris Global|
Heidi Baker (born August 29, 1959) is a Christian missionary, itinerant speaker, and the CEO of Iris Global, a Christian humanitarian organization. She is the author of several books on Christian spirituality.
Heidi Gayle Farrell grew up in Southern California, becoming a Christian after hearing a Navajo preacher's message while volunteering on a Choctaw reservation. She has a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts from Vanguard University, and a PhD in systematic theology from King's College London (1995).
She met Rolland Baker, the grandson of missionary H. A. Baker, in 1979. They married six months later in 1980; they left for the mission field two weeks after that. They were ordained as ministers in 1985.
In 1995 the Bakers moved to Mozambique in order to begin a new ministry focused on the care of orphaned and abandoned children.
Iris Global negotiated with the Mozambican government to assume financial and administrative responsibility for a former government orphanage in Chihango, near the capital city of Maputo. There were roughly 80 children present. Their ministry is known for its reports of miracles, and in September 2010 the Southern Medical Journal published an article presenting evidence of "significant improvements" in auditory and visual function among subjects exhibiting impairment before receiving prayer from the ministry.
- There Is Always Enough, with Rolland Baker. Chosen Books (2003) ISBN 1-85240-287-3
- The Hungry Always Get Fed: A Year of Miracles with Rolland Baker. New Wine Press (2007) ISBN 978-1-903725-85-6
- Expecting Miracles: True Stories of God's Supernatural Power and How You Can Experience It, with Rolland Baker. Chosen Books (2007) ISBN 978-0-8007-9434-7
- Compelled by Love, with Shara Pradhan. Charisma House (2008) ISBN 978-1-59979-351-1
- Learning to Love: Passion, Compassion and the Essence of the Gospel with Rolland Baker. Chosen Books (2013) ISBN 978-0-8007-9552-8
- Birthing the Miraculous: The Power of Personal Encounters with God to Change Your Life and the World. Charisma House (2014) ISBN 978-1-62136-219-7
- Reckless Devotion: 365 Days into the Heart of Radical Love with Rolland Baker. Baker Publishing Group (2014) ISBN 978-0-80-079584-9
- Daily Insights to Birthing the Miraculous: 100 Devotions for Reflection and Prayer. Charisma House (2016) ISBN 978-1-62-998914-3
- Training for Harvest: Stopping for the One, Believing for the Multitudes with Rolland Baker. Destiny Image Incorporated (2017) ISBN 978-0-76-841078-5
- Living from the Presence Interactive Manual: Principles for Walking in the Overflow of God’s Supernatural Power with Rolland Baker. Destiny Image Incorporated (2017) ISBN 978-0-76-841237-6
- Miracles in Mozambique by Hope Flinchbaugh, Ministry Today, Mar/Apr 2002
- Christy Biswell. "Heidi Baker: Intimacy for Miracles". Christian Broadcasting Network. Retrieved May 14, 2009.
- Compelled by Love: How to change the world through the simple power of love in action by Heidi Baker and Shara Pradhan
- "Iris Global webpage". Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- Stafford, Tim. "Miracles in Mozambique: How Mama Heidi Reaches the Abandoned". christianitytoday.com/. Christianity Today. Retrieved January 31, 2015.
- Brown, Candy Gunther; Mory, Stephen C.; Williams, Rebecca; McClymond, Michael J. (2010). "Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Proximal Intercessory Prayer (STEPP) on Auditory and Visual Impairments in Rural Mozambique". Southern Medical Journal. 103 (9): 864–869. doi:10.1097/SMJ.0b013e3181e73fea. hdl:2022/14131. ISSN 0038-4348. PMID 20686441.