Heidi Cullen is interim CEO and lead correspondent for Climate Central. Prior to that, she was the climate expert and correspondent for The Weather Channel where she helped start Forecast Earth, the first weekly program on climate change and the environment. Before joining The Weather Channel she worked as a scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado. She received a B.Sc. in engineering and operations research from Columbia University and a Ph.D. in climatology and ocean-atmosphere dynamics from Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory. She was awarded the 2008 National Conservation Achievement Award for science by the National Wildlife Federation. The Weather of the Future is a book by Cullen, published in 2010.
- Barlow, Mathew; Wheeler, Matthew; Lyons, Bradfield; Cullen, Heidi (December 2005). "Modulation of Daily Precipitation over Southwest Asia by the Madden-Julian Oscillation". Monthly Weather Review 133 (12): 3579–94. doi:10.1175/MWR3026.1.
- Glantz, Michael H.; Cullen, Heidi (2003). "Zimbabwe's Food Crisis". Environment: Science and Policy for Sustainable Development 45 (1): 9–11. doi:10.1080/00139150309604518.
- Barlow, Mathew; Cullen; Lyons, Bradfield (April 2002). "Drought in Central and Southwest Asia: La Nina, the warm pool, and Indian Ocean precipitation". Journal of Climate 15 (7): 697–700. doi:10.1175/1520-0442(2002)015<0697:DICASA>2.0.CO;2.
- Visbeck, M.; Hurrell; Polvani, L.; Cullen, Heidi (6 November 2001). "The North Atlantic Oscillation: Past, present, and future". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 98 (23): 12876–7. doi:10.1073/pnas.231391598.
- Cullen, Heidi; deMenocal, Peter B. (30 June 2000). "North Atlantic Influence on Tigris-Euphrates Streamflow". International Journal of Climatology 20 (8): 853–863. doi:10.1002/1097-0088(20000630)20:8<853::AID-JOC497>3.0.CO;2-M.
- Cullen, Heidi; deMenocal, Peter B.; Hemming, S.; Hemming, G. (April 2000). "The Possible Role of Climate in the collapse of the Akkadian Empire: evidence from the deep sea". Geology 28 (4): 379–382. doi:10.1130/0091-7613(2000)28<379:CCATCO>2.0.CO;2.
- Cullen, Heidi; D’Arrigo, Roseanne; Cook, Edward; Cook, Edward (February 2001). "Multiproxy reconstructions of the North Atlantic Oscillation". Paleoceanography 16 (1): 27–39. doi:10.1029/1999PA000434.
- Visbeck, Martin; Cullen, Heidi; Krahmann, Gerd; Naik, Naomi (15 December 1998). "An ocean model’s response to North Atlantic Oscillation-like wind forcing". Geophysical Research Letters 25 (24): 4521–5. doi:10.1029/1998GL900162.
- Bond, Gerard; Showers, William; Maziet, Cheseby; Lotti, Rusty; Almasi, Peter; deMenocal, Peter; Priore, Paul; Cullen, Heidi; Hajdas, Irka; Georges, Bonani (14 November 1997). "A pervasive millennial-scale cycle in North Atlantic Holocene and glacial climates". Science 278 (5341): 1257–66. doi:10.1126/science.278.5341.1257.